British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 998

Drop exams, have all course work. Because revising is one of the worst things ever invented. Worse than guns and BCG Critique.

Oi was that double cuss aimed at me!

Any way everyone knows course work heavy assessments favour girls.

Quote: sootyj @ June 22 2012, 9:26 AM BST

Any way everyone knows course work heavy assessments favour girls.

Don't they come out on top in exams too? Basically boys should go to school in their twenties when they're all more likely to do the work properly.

The BBC don't agree with you Stott. Care to take on the worlds largest public service broadcaster?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/parents/2010/12/exams--are-they-better-suited.shtml

I did way better in my exams than at my coursework (clever but lazy). But then again, I'm also excellent at directions and map reading. I think I need a winkie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Wcbd0dJpQ

Nowthat's a mans exam!

Exams are best for those who thrive under pressure. That's fine if their vocation is a high-pressure job, but is entirely unsuited to a life of steady routine. To see who's best qualified for those sorts of jobs, we need to test people's ability to happily sit around doing nothing much exciting. Maybe give them the task of wiping arses or writing BBC3 comedies.

I loved exams at school. It was great fun sitting at those tables, watching smugly as the thickies suffered.

Maybe that's why you are not a teacher anymore Chip!

Quote: Marc P @ June 22 2012, 11:19 AM BST

Maybe that's why you are not a teacher anymore Chip!

:D

I didn't mind the exams as such, but the revising...depending on the lesson, that was a dreadfully boring, dull slog.

I didn't like revising I quite liked exams.

You know funneling a years learning into a few hours work.

If you got the subject it was kinda cool.

Didn't like the uncertainty about which questions would come up.

I think I liked the intellectual machismo of knowing you'd do okay even if the wrong questions came up. Plus it was one of the few times when I got one over the kids good at sports, who were all uniformly shit at exams.

I generally didn't bother revising. I was just really good at exams.

Quote: chipolata @ June 22 2012, 11:30 AM BST

I think I liked the intellectual machismo of knowing you'd do okay even if the wrong questions came up. Plus it was one of the few times when I got one over the kids good at sports, who were all uniformly shit at exams.

I was really pissed off in my A Level Eng Lit Tempest exam papar, as I was expectign Caliban to come up as a character study and I knew I could have hundred percented that bitch. It was a different character and I only ended up with 97% and was quite displeased. Especially when the people who failed got Caliban on their resit paper.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 22 2012, 11:31 AM BST

I generally didn't bother revising. I was just really good at exams.

I hated revising so much that I would barely bother, then do fine enough in the actual exam. Not as good as I would have if I'd actually put in any effort of course!