British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 996

Quote: Booo @ June 21 2012, 6:54 PM BST

It bloody hurts to look up and down but not side to side.

Wimbledon starts on Monday, so you should be fine with that.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 21 2012, 3:39 PM BST

F**k off Yoko.

I quite want to see her new exhibition. Let's have a cultural BCG day out! For an hour, before going to the pub.

TTPYO- The door being left open behind me when someone enters or exits the room. Please don't do it. Creeps me the f**k out

Quote: AJGO @ June 21 2012, 7:11 PM BST

Let's have a cultural BCG day out!

We could take Aaron to the Canal Museum, he'd love that.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 21 2012, 6:56 PM BST

Wimbledon starts on Monday, so you should be fine with that.

Unimpressed

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 21 2012, 7:12 PM BST

We could take Aaron to the Canal Museum, he'd love that.

I've been. I didn't enjoy the bit where they make you put on special concrete diving shoes and see the canal from an underneath perspective. Let's take you to the Yoko exhibition instead, she might be there and I'd like to see who wins in a fight

Quote: AJGO @ June 21 2012, 7:19 PM BST

Let's take you to the Yoko exhibition instead, she might be there and I'd like to see who wins in a fight

She already got John Lennon killed and he was a Scouser, so I don't rate my chances. :(

TTPYO - Michael Gove.

Quote: KLRiley @ June 21 2012, 10:08 PM BST

TTPYO - Michael Gove.

Why? Maybe he'll make people sit up and take notice that to achieve something you have to work for it.

(signed the biggest non-achiever ever!)

He's faffing with the system for the sake of it. It was the Tories who introduced GCSEs in the 1980s.
If he really wants to do something useful, as well as memorable, address the issue of lanaguage teaching. There's bugger all point producing kids who speak French and German when the major trading countries are China, Russia, Brasil and India.

Quote: KLRiley @ June 21 2012, 10:21 PM BST

He's faffing with the system for the sake of it. It was the Tories who introduced GCSEs in the 1980s.
If he really wants to do something useful, as well as memorable, address the issue of lanaguage teaching. There's bugger all point producing kids who speak French and German when the major trading countries are China, Russia, Brasil and India.

Don't post again. You've got a good number up - at least for a couple of weeks and it could be a good omen.

Quote: KLRiley @ June 21 2012, 10:21 PM BST

There's bugger all point producing kids who speak French and German when the major trading countries are China, Russia, Brasil and India.

I'm still perplexed why we insist on teaching children Latin and Classics - and in some schools - Religious Education.

The days of producing some sort of idiosyncratic reniassance man, well versed for his travels around the European continent are long since over.

So before the Government embarks on an ideologically based school curriculum, it has to ask itself 'Why are we sending these children to school and what can they learn that will help them in life?'

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 21 2012, 10:34 PM BST

I'm still perplexed why we insist on teaching children Latin and Classics - and in some schools - Religious Education.

Insist on Latin? Not at any of the schools I went to!

Becuase learning sometimes is about learning to think and comprehend.

Of course I'm thinking of the halcyon days when RS might include the works of great philosophers and theologians. A veritable olympiad for the mind and imagination.

Not Nurpal is a Sikh he wears a hat and can carry knife, Mohammed is a Muslism Islam is ace.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 21 2012, 10:36 PM BST

To be fair Matthew the nice men and women in blue uniforms did stop you from going to those schools!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 21 2012, 10:36 PM BST

You blimmin' chav!