British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 900

Quote: chipolata @ June 21 2012, 1:02 PM BST

Nobodies shot a shoplifters face off yet.

Aw shit, you beat me to it.

Quote: sootyj @ June 21 2012, 1:01 PM BST

Which ones.

The protestor giving the general a cake made me smile.

That was just awsome.

Well obviously all of the animal rescue ones, along with the man giving the girl the shoes and the apologetic Christians. Oh and the old lady with the dead son, though I don't know how real that one is.

I've seen them all before though, when they have appeared on Reddit and the like.

I also think that the one about the Muslim neighbour shouldn't be on there- it's very very patronising.

Yeh that was just random

the guy saving the kittens with his hat was awsome, I just hope he doesn't eat them

Quote: sootyj @ June 21 2012, 1:47 PM BST

Yeh that was just random

the guy saving the kittens with his hat was awsome, I just hope he doesn't eat them

I liked the sheep rescue too. I generally like anything where someone goes out of their way to save an animal. I know it's a bit twee and girly, but it always gives me the happysads.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 21 2012, 1:50 PM BST

I liked the sheep rescue too. I generally like anything where someone goes out of their way to save an animal. I know it's a bit twee and girly, but it always gives me the happysads.

Same here. Especially when there's like 20 people involved and hours of work, just to save a cow from a river. *sniffle*

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 21 2012, 1:50 PM BST

I liked the sheep rescue too.

Maybe more chance of culinary ending on that one.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 21 2012, 12:55 PM BST

Maybe I'm super emotional today.

A woman? Super emotional? I'd have to see it to believe it.

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 21 2012, 3:34 PM BST

A woman? Super emotional? I'd have to see it to believe it.

Whistling nnocently

Oh, you.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 21 2012, 3:44 PM BST

Oh, you.

:D teehee.

Someone keeps posting up these 'senior citizen' stories on Facebook. They are always the same - young punk says something stupid to old person in an attempt to devalue them, old person replies with sage wisdom. Young person made to look like a twunt.

Each story is completely made up and seeks to validate the now useless existence of crumbly Alzheimer faces.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 21 2012, 3:47 PM BST

Someone keeps posting up these 'senior citizen' stories on Facebook. They are always the same - young punk says something stupid to old person in an attempt to devalue them, old person replies with sage wisdom. Young person made to look like a twunt.

Our news is all over this story about a bunch of school kids who made an old lady cry on a bus by taunting her horribly. Not much sage advice but some Internet communities have rallied to her cause and raised more than $100,000 to send her on a nice vacation. Hopefully it'll be an adults-only resort.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us/new-york-bullied-bus-monitor/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

The video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l93wAqnPQwk

Quote: DaButt @ June 21 2012, 4:00 PM BST

Our news is all over this story about a bunch of school kids who made an old lady cry on a bus by taunting her horribly. Not much sage advice but some Internet communities have rallied to her cause and raised more than $100,000 to send her on a nice vacation. Hopefully it'll be an adults-only resort.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us/new-york-bullied-bus-monitor/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

The video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l93wAqnPQwk

That is quite a sad story, especially the bit about how a 68 year old woman still needs to work to make ends meet.

According the to latest UK stats, bullying in schools has got worse over the last few decades. This could be down to the cruel X Factor world we live in, but more likely, the spoiled little shits can get away with anything, because if a teacher steps in, then the parents come round and kick crap out of them for daring to criticise their little angels.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 21 2012, 4:05 PM BST

According the to latest UK stats, bullying in schools has got worse over the last few decades. This could be down to the cruel X Factor world we live in, but more likely, the spoiled little shits can get away with anything, because if a teacher steps in, then the parents come round and kick crap out of them for daring to criticise their little angels.

I doubt a jury would have convicted her had she pulled a collapsible baton from her purse and started whipping the dogshit out of those brats.

Quote: DaButt @ June 21 2012, 4:10 PM BST

I doubt a jury would have convicted her had she pulled a collapsible baton from her purse and started whipping the dogshit out of those brats.

She would have spent her last remaining years on this Earth in the dock as the kid's parents took her, the school, the school bus company and the local authority to court.

Major ker-ching!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 21 2012, 4:13 PM BST

She would have spent her last remaining years on this Earth in the dock as the kid's parents took her, the school, the school bus company and the local authority to court.

Major ker-ching!

I'd countersue them and say that their attacks brought on a PTSD episode based upon my son's suicide. Then I'd hit the brats with the baton again.

Quote: DaButt @ June 21 2012, 4:17 PM BST

I'd countersue them

More money and court time. At 68, the clock is ticking, both physically and mentally.

Besides, the school would settle out of court and those poor batoned children would each receive a massive chunk o' change.

And people wonder why you are delighted when matters are settled the 'old fashioned' way.

;)

Quote: sootyj @ June 21 2012, 12:13 PM BST

And now for some cheery stuff I found on facebook featuring some very happy cats

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/pictures-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity

Yep, bit choked at those, especially the dripping wet rescued dog and the kitten being given oxygen.
That guy in the first pic in the tiny white pants had a fab arse :)