British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 993

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ June 15 2012, 4:00 PM BST

Been with em for ten years at least, I need to know more Nat.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/virgin-media/1500883-virgin-media-retentions-discussion-part-3-a-17.html

Quote: DaButt @ June 15 2012, 9:22 PM BST

Just had a protracted exchange of e-mails with the company that picks up my trash. Yesterday I found that the gorillas who toss the bins around had managed to snap off a wheel, so I contacted the company via their website and requested that they replace the bin and that all contact should take place by phone. So of course they e-mailed me instead, said that they couldn't find my account, didn't service my neighborhood and have never distributed anything other than green bins. After 4 additional e-mails I was able to convince them that I had an account and that the entire neighborhood uses their services and has brown bins.

Morons.

You have to organise your own bin collection? This is done here by local authorities.

Quote: keewik @ June 15 2012, 10:39 PM BST

You have to organise your own bin collection? This is done here by local authorities.

It's called privatisation.

Coming to a street near you if these wankers stay in charge of the country.

Hasn't bin collection has been privatised in most places since the eighties?

Quote: Tursiops @ June 16 2012, 1:00 AM BST

Hasn't bin collection has been privatised in most places since the eighties?

I think so but under the auspices of the local authority?

I don't get a separate bill, it's in the the council tax I assume.

It's when it comes out of there that the trouble starts.

Quote: keewik @ June 15 2012, 10:39 PM BST

No, it's a company that has exclusive rights to a particular neighborhood, as far as I know. It's cheap and effective.

They had story lines about that on the Sopranos all the time.

Infact Tony Soprano was a waste management supervisor.

Quote: DaButt @ June 16 2012, 6:17 AM BST

It's cheap and effective.

Quote: DaButt @ June 15 2012, 9:22 PM BST

Just had a protracted exchange of e-mails with the company that picks up my trash. Yesterday I found that the gorillas who toss the bins around had managed to snap off a wheel
Morons.

Laughing out loud

So the service isn't that good then.

Was oncall for work and had to get up at 6.30am to travel across London to sign a piece of paper.
After getting 2 calls in the night.

Bah.

Now writing the 10 most boring skits in the world for a Canadian topical web show. That no one will ever, ever watch.

Quote: sootyj @ June 16 2012, 12:15 PM BST

Was oncall for work and had to get up at 6.30am to travel across London to sign a piece of paper.
After getting 2 calls in the night.

Bah.

Now writing the 10 most boring skits in the world for a Canadian topical web show. That no one will ever, ever watch.

Bah. Yep.

I'm writing an episode that was going to be funny but because I'm in a bad mood I've turned it into a drama and killed everyone off

That could be very funny...

Quote: sootyj @ June 16 2012, 1:03 PM BST

That could be very funny...

I'd find it funny, you'd find it funny, commissioners who get half-way through the script to find a Monty Python foot clad in DMs kicking the shit out of all the characters and a Looney Tunes 'That's All Folks' written in gothic script on a background of an Orwellian glare, not so much

I am about to start my 4th sketch featuring; Sean Connery, Barack Obama and I don't even care who else....

Quote: chipolata @ June 16 2012, 10:59 AM BST

So the service isn't that good then.

I was probably dealing with some sort of outsourced person in Mumbai.

The government does very few things well and nothing at all cheaply. I'll trust them to build roads, operate schools and prisons and maintain the military, but the last thing I want is 18 levels of overpaid, underworked bureaucracy cruising to an early retirement on the back of my garbage fees.

Quote: sootyj @ June 16 2012, 1:23 PM BST

I am about to start my 4th sketch featuring; Sean Connery, Barack Obama and I don't even care who else....

Tony Gubba?