British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 992

Quote: AJGO @ June 13 2012, 2:53 PM BST

Wave Hi RC! What am I doing on this thread? This isn't the thread for having had a completely groovy morning! A short play I wrote has been selected for a performance showcase, I got invited on the back of a sample article to write for a new football satire website, and I got to turn down a celeb for casting because they didn't (*Is Zsa Zsa Gabor-esque*) 'suit my vision'.

I think I'll have a celebratory cup of coffee...

Way to go AJGO....still on the coffee or something stronger?
I guess you could call it a hat trick. Smarmy

Quote: keewik @ June 13 2012, 9:35 PM BST

That all sounds massively exciting!

Shukran Ottersister, it's all minor things but quite good going for before I even got dressed

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 13 2012, 9:41 PM BST

Way to go AJGO....still on the coffee or something stronger?
I guess you could call it a hat trick. Smarmy

I may have had a celebratory ale or two, although they would've been dranked anyway. I like to think that the power of the hat gets me further than any casting couch would..

Am I the only one interested in who the secret celebrity is? TELL US TELL US TELL US.

Or more importantly, tell ME.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 14 2012, 12:05 AM BST

Am I the only one interested in who the secret celebrity is? TELL US TELL US TELL US.

Or more importantly, tell ME.

:D No-one interesting. At least, not after my Zsa Zsa Gabor impression

I can't really say owt, but pm me for more bitchy vagueries

Been put on hold, beacause the person on the other end has to move away but they just put phone down so that when they come back but don't pick up the phone you can hear them having a social conversation for several minutes.

Quote: reds @ June 14 2012, 7:02 AM BST

Been put on hold, beacause the person on the other end has to move away but they just put phone down so that when they come back but don't pick up the phone you can hear them having a social conversation for several minutes.

I like that. It's like you're hearing forbidden things you shouldn't.

Virgin Media. They are flipping useless.

I paid actual real money for a guaranteed morning delivery of a new wireless hub. Had the morning off work which has turned into a day now and when I call them they pretend to have no knowledge of this delivery.
Of course now they will send it in a weeks time and very kindly credit me with the delivery money and send it for free - but not morning unless I don't want crediting.
As for my lost earnings - which will now be double - tough cacka Goody

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ June 15 2012, 3:12 PM BST

Virgin Media. They are flipping useless.

I paid actual real money for a guaranteed morning delivery of a new wireless hub. Had the morning off work which has turned into a day now and when I call them they pretend to have no knowledge of this delivery.
Of course now they will send it in a weeks time and very kindly credit me with the delivery money and send it for free - but not morning unless I don't want crediting.
As for my lost earnings - which will now be double - tough cacka Goody

Pft, Virgin Media are pussy cats. Ask to be escallated, speak to someone in management ro resolutions, and you'll get a couple of free months. That's what I've done- have had a couple of hundred pounds credit in the last 6 months I think.

I think I will just do that Nat - they are very close to getting the sack anyway.
A hundred and odd pounds a month I pay for a TV box that always has the speech out of sync, a house phone we rarely use and an internet service that pleases itself when it will work.

Wait, how much?! I am on the top everything and pay 60odd a month after loyalty discounts. Admittedly I'm aparently on one of the best discounts rates there is because of my length of service, but a hundred odd is insane. AND I have TiVo.

Been with em for ten years at least, I need to know more Nat.

I have full everything - sports, movies etc all XL 30MB broadband that was supposesd to be 60MB today :( and you pay 60 + quid. Oh we have another box in another room but I can live without that. It was for my daughters but they have long since flown the nest and it's hardly ever used

I don't have sports packages or anything like that. TVXL with TiVo+ second box, Phone XL and 100mg internet. I think comes out at £62pm.

Isn't Virgin Media a rebranding of NTL? When I was with them I do not think a month passed without my having to argue with them about the bill. Wankers.

I had a problem when I moved house; the lady who did my move messed it up a bit and offered me something I couldn't strictly have. But I obviously got it anyway as I am king arguer. Other than the occasional cockup (which they always fix with enough nagging), I'm really happy with them and have been for years.

Just had a protracted exchange of e-mails with the company that picks up my trash. Yesterday I found that the gorillas who toss the bins around had managed to snap off a wheel, so I contacted the company via their website and requested that they replace the bin and that all contact should take place by phone. So of course they e-mailed me instead, said that they couldn't find my account, didn't service my neighborhood and have never distributed anything other than green bins. After 4 additional e-mails I was able to convince them that I had an account and that the entire neighborhood uses their services and has brown bins.

Morons.