British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 991

Quote: AJGO @ June 13 2012, 4:58 PM BST

My arms really ache from carrying a bag of cat litter yesterday.
A healthy adult should really be able to carry eight litres (yep, that's the measurement) for half an hour, shouldn't they?
I have a horrible feeling I might have to do some exercise at some point in my life

http://www.reade.com/Particle_Briefings/spec_gra2.html

8 litres of kitty litter probably has a similar density to sand, which is roughly 1.6 kg x 8 = 12.8kgs or 28lbs or two stone. That is a pretty damn heavy thing to be carrying for half an hour.

Grr, you strong!

True catlitter is remarkably dense and heavy.

And is used by steroid junkies to work out.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 13 2012, 5:06 PM BST

Okay Stylee. I give up. I suppose that my only way out of this is to post a pic of the bloody thing and be done with it. I wish I'd never mentioned it in the first place, but what the hell! I shall post a pic pronto, and then maybe you'll stop with the childish infantile puerile unfunny gay stuff.

Eh?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 13 2012, 5:13 PM BST

Eh?

Ha! Not this time He-Man. If you want to see my lovely jacket of summer loveliness, then you're going to have to come to one of the drinks and see it in all it's 3D sand coloured glory. I don't give anything away for free on the net girlfriend. *snaps fingers three times*

I really, really, really want to break Twitter. Still having the same problem so decided to create a new one and forget the other one (I did email them but had no reply so far).

So now I have to wait for the confirmation email in order to click on its link, yadda yadda, etc. Only it's been 10 minutes and I've clicked on the resend confirmation email twice and nothing.

I don't think it wants me on there.

*cries*

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 13 2012, 5:06 PM BST

http://www.reade.com/Particle_Briefings/spec_gra2.html

8 litres of kitty litter probably has a similar density to sand, which is roughly 1.6 kg x 8 = 12.8kgs or 28lbs or two stone. That is a pretty damn heavy thing to be carrying for half an hour.

Grr, you strong!

I don't know what any of that means.

But whoo!

Quote: sootyj @ June 13 2012, 5:10 PM BST

True catlitter is remarkably dense and heavy.

Um, whoo?

It made my arms ache more than carrying a one-year-old child around the other day, but that wasn't continuously for half an hour. Although close. But I dunno what he weighs. Made me very glad for my fat hips, nice to see them put to their proper use!

Quote: AJGO @ June 13 2012, 5:28 PM BST

It made my arms ache more than carrying a one-year-old child around the other day, but that wasn't continuously for half an hour.

I hope they ban you from Tesco, you child stealing monster. ;)

Quote: AJGO @ June 13 2012, 5:28 PM BST

Made me very glad for my fat hips

Oh not this again, you don't have fat hips.

What fat hips?

The only fat hips you might have is if you been going all Silence of the Lambs on some fat chicks.

Mind you I bet Michelle Obama can carry 2 sacks of Tiger litter with each of her amazonian guns.

Quote: sootyj @ June 13 2012, 5:10 PM BST

RCP is remarkably dense and heavy.

I'm sure he is

Quote: Will Cam @ June 13 2012, 5:32 PM BST

I'm sure he is, of course being a Northener I tie a block of lard to my whippet, chain it up in the garden and chase it round and round whilst I try and lick it off.

Are you representing the Northern team at the Olympics then Our Will Cam?

Quote: sootyj @ June 13 2012, 5:35 PM BST

I think a Will Cam carrying the Olympic Torch sketch should be in the works.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 13 2012, 5:31 PM BST

I hope they ban you from Tesco, you child stealing monster. ;)

:O We've established I only steal children from Hampstead Heath, quality control dontchaknow

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 13 2012, 5:31 PM BST

Oh not this again, you don't have fat hips.

Quote: sootyj @ June 13 2012, 5:32 PM BST

What fat hips?

The only fat hips you might have is if you been going all Silence of the Lambs on some fat chicks.

Heh, thanks for the reassurance guys, but wasn't being whingey, just appreciative of the female form for carrying around heavy little buggers

(Do so. Sulk.)

Quote: sootyj @ June 13 2012, 5:35 PM BST

Yes, in the 400 metre kicking the whippet in the testicle relay (along with ken Dodd, Mathew Kelly and Dana)

Hey I'm not a machine (actually I am Terminator model 234.56 sent to reedit posts till civilisation collapses).

Quote: Will Cam @ June 13 2012, 5:38 PM BST

Yes, in the 400 metre kicking the whippet in the testicle relay (along with ken Dodd, Mathew Kelly and Dana)

I've always been nice to Mathew Kelley!

The other 2 are infected diarea buckets.

Quote: AJGO @ June 13 2012, 2:53 PM BST

Wave Hi RC! What am I doing on this thread? This isn't the thread for having had a completely groovy morning! A short play I wrote has been selected for a performance showcase, I got invited on the back of a sample article to write for a new football satire website, and I got to turn down a celeb for casting because they didn't (*Is Zsa Zsa Gabor-esque*) 'suit my vision'.

I think I'll have a celebratory cup of coffee...

That all sounds massively exciting!