British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 74

Quote: zooo @ January 24, 2008, 11:09 PM

But I have just remembered I couldn't order anything online without my lovely fluffy bank, so I retract all previous keeerazy statements!

Yep, there's that too!

It doesn't work however when they CANCEL YOUR CARD BY MISTAKE!!!

Wankers!

God, I'm so fickle.

Quote: zooo @ January 24, 2008, 10:55 PM

I'm seriously considering taking my money out and keeping it under the f**king mattress.

Seriously, what good do banks actually do us?

I couldn't agree with you more, zooo. They are complete bastards who make most of their money by squeezing the blood out of people that don't have much to begin with (loans, mortgages, overdraughts etc)

And the reason you retracted this is what frustrates me the most - it really is impossible to get by these days without a bank account, so however much you hate what they stand for you don't have much of a/any choice.

And Aaron,
Interest is worth shit unless you happen to have lots of money in your account. That's the point I'm making. I don't wanna bang on about politics, but the less money you have in our system the less you're worth as a human, and you're here to serve and be fecked up the arris by those who have more cash.

Quote: ian_w @ January 24, 2008, 11:42 PM

And Aaron,
Interest is worth shit unless you happen to have lots of money in your account.

I don't have much money in my account, but the interest is worth enough to me! The higher interest rates go the better, as far as I'm personally concerned.

You do know I didn't mean 'you' as in 'you, Aaron', I hope?
Just clarifying cos that would've been very rude of me otherwise!!

Ha!

Let's make a thread where we all declare our balances!

I would but the tax man may wonder why stuff isn't declared Whistling nnocently

Quote: ian_w @ January 25, 2008, 12:01 AM

You do know I didn't mean 'you' as in 'you, Aaron', I hope?
Just clarifying cos that would've been very rude of me otherwise!!

I hadn't really read it either way, to be honest. Probably more of "one", as you intended, if either.

I don't tend to have much as I'm trying to clear all my student debts so I can focus on getting an ickle place of my very own!

Y'know what pisses me off? People using the non-word 'ickle'

;)

Shakespeare made up his own words, so I'm pretty sure Ruby can too. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ January 25, 2008, 10:36 AM

I guess I should clarify - I don't like the word rather than the people. The people are (generally) very nice. :)

Bastard banks.

They refuse to pay a direct debit for £10 which takes you £3 over your limit then whack you £40 which pushes you further over.

Arseholes!

Quote: Aaron @ January 25, 2008, 10:36 AM

Are you compairing me to the Bard?

That should be interesting.....

"Is this a cupcake I see before me... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOOK LADY MACBETH! FRENCH FANCIES!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Quote: Tuumble @ January 25, 2008, 8:28 AM

Y'know what pisses me off? People using the non-word 'ickle'

;)

You are SOOOOOOOOOO gonna hate me.