British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 866

Quote: Booo @ June 12 2012, 4:31 PM BST

This is an absolutely great idea. I'm contemplating doing the same but will just use the floor.

Thank you that's my wastepaper basket get your own

Quote: sootyj @ June 12 2012, 4:20 PM BST

Thats what I meant

c'mon its after 12pm so I'm drunk and contemplating throwing up in my wastepaper basket.

But yeh civil partnerships and marriages?

There's not much difference in the terms of legal rights, but it's the segregation of title which is the issue.

I just don't see who it hurts, the only argument I can see is that straight (mainly straight religious) don't want icky homosexual people soiling their non icky straight right to marriage. Bizarre.

Quote: sootyj @ June 12 2012, 4:53 PM BST

Thank you that's my wastepaper basket get your own

Ooh, touchy. I said I was going to use the floor, no need to be so rude.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 12 2012, 4:56 PM BST

I just don't see who it hurts, the only argument I can see is that straight (mainly straight religious) don't want icky homosexual people soiling their non icky straight right to marriage. Bizarre.

That's it in a nutshell. Pathetic.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 12 2012, 4:56 PM BST

There's not much difference in the terms of legal rights, but it's the segregation of title which is the issue.

Cue word in bold.

God is bad, mmkay?

Quote: chipolata @ June 12 2012, 4:50 PM BST

Believe it or not there's actually a wide spread of opinions beyond yours.

Yeah, the gamut of opinions on here is a myriad of diversity. Unimpressed

Quote: zooo @ June 12 2012, 5:00 PM BST

That's it in a nutshell. Pathetic.

Yeah, why can't homosexuals metaphorically shit on someone else's two thousand year old religious traditions so they can ponce up and down an aisle in fancy dress?*

*actually I don't really care - either about religion or homosexuals getting married - it effects my life not one tiny jot. I'm just trying to show the myriad of diverse opinions on the BCG.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 12 2012, 4:11 PM BST

*shakey head*

Oh a related note: SHUT UP, RELIGIONS, let same sex couples get married. You don't have to let them get married under 'your god' but frankly, how many of them would want to?

Agreed. I am so f**king sick and tired of religion pushing it's bullshit onto others.

Would gay people directly affect them? If any gay people get married do Christians instantly die? Do they think marriage would suddenly give gay people lazer beams in their eyes and then they would come chase them all down the street.

I mean seriously what is their f**king problem?

Quote: Monster Scum Bag @ June 12 2012, 6:03 PM BST

Agreed. I am so f**king sick and tired of religion pushing it's bullshit onto others.

Are you so upset that you would go down to your local mosque and demonstrate about the unfairness of it all?

Or this the usual kind of safe, liberal, Christian religious bashing which is all the rage at the moment?

Here we go. *makes herself comfy*

:P

The whole getting married in an Anglican church is roundly abused by most non religious types but it's part of the deal that the CofE have with the State. As part of being the 'official religion' vicars are obliged to marry anyone who qualifies by residence or banns. Doesn't matter if the happy couple have never set foot in the church. If they happen to live there and they think it would make a nice background for the photos then, they can have it.

We really must stop feeding Renegade.

Quote: KLRiley @ June 12 2012, 6:19 PM BST

The whole getting married in an Anglican church is roundly abused by most non religious types

I know what you mean. They hate all religion yet insist on getting married in a church. And just to make matters more complicit, they insist that religion hating homosexuals should be allowed to abuse this system as well.

Damn you Anglican church. ;)

Quote: Tursiops @ June 12 2012, 6:20 PM BST

Who is we? I thought there were loads of different opinions...etc. :P

Quote: Tursiops @ June 12 2012, 6:20 PM BST

For realz.

Quote: DaButt @ June 12 2012, 2:51 PM BST

It's also reasonable to assume that a medical examination and statement from the girl also corroborated the father's version of events.

According to the sheriff the daughter was unharmed, so presumably there is no medical evidence of abuse.