British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 865

I dunno I watched the documentary Walker Texas Ranger; and it takes atleast 3 wheel kicks, before the bad guy flys through a window and smashes a table.

nb the opposite side of the coin. Is the tendency for people accused of crimes to be offered a deal to save court time. Say your guilty and do 5 years not 25 years.

It's as bad. The law is just way to expensive.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 12 2012, 3:16 PM BST

Whereas RCSI Texas ... the lunch boxes and action figures are still highly prized collectables..

Well.. the action figures are..

Quote: chipolata @ June 12 2012, 3:05 PM BST

Is there a description of the actual act and how the event went down? It must have been a pretty extreme attack to have to kill somebody to stop them doing it?

All that's been released is that the father found the man on top of his 4-year-old daughter in a pasture, hit him with his fists and the man died of blunt force injuries to his head and neck. I assume the medical examiner would be able to tell if the injuries were caused by fists or by other weapons.

The sheriff reported that the father was sorry that the man died and hadn't intended to kill him. So that's about all the public knows at this time.

Quote: sootyj @ June 12 2012, 3:08 PM BST

Again agreed. Just that the investigation seemed to be wound up very early.

How can you say that? It's still under way. The grand jury has not yet ruled on the case and may not have even convened yet.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 12 2012, 3:11 PM BST

Was the farmworker black?

Reading between the lines of the newspaper reports, it would appear that both men are Hispanic. (The father's father spoke in broken English and the dead man's relatives are being searched for in Mexico.)

Like I said before it seems the Grand jury have the right idea.

Quote: sootyj @ June 12 2012, 3:12 PM BST

Did you know in Baltimore the homicide cops investigate; people drowning in swimming pools as well as murders.

That's the case in every jurisdiction in this country.

Quote: sootyj @ June 12 2012, 3:16 PM BST

But are you suggesting that your criminal justice system is so faulty, that its better for potential criminals to not even put a toe in it?

I'm saying that people without a shred of evidence against them shouldn't have to be subjected to the courts and jails.

Quote: sootyj @ June 12 2012, 3:19 PM BST

nb the opposite side of the coin. Is the tendency for people accused of crimes to be offered a deal to save court time. Say your guilty and do 5 years not 25 years.

It's not to save money, it's to ensure that they are punished for their crime instead of being acquitted by a jury or, on the other hand, receive an even lengthy sentence at their hands. Roll the dice.

Quote: DaButt @ June 12 2012, 3:29 PM BST

I'm saying that people without a shred of evidence against them shouldn't have to be subjected to the courts and jails.

Surely the evidence is that man's tstimony that he killed him? That's not evidence to convict him of murder because murder is a VERY big word.

The problem is it's impossible for anyone pass any real judgement because the details of the case will ikely never be made public. all we can do is make guesses and apply out own moral framework to them.

As with all internet debates, it's entirely pointless and no one is going to change their minds.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 12 2012, 3:34 PM BST

The problem is it's impossible for anyone pass any real judgement because the details of the case will ikely never be made public.

They will almost certainly be made public. The names of the victim and her father might be redacted but the rest of it will be released.

Okay, then I'll wait until then and have a fun game of computer desk Jury. I'll pretend I'm Judith Sheindlin, and someone else can be Byrd.

Quote: DaButt @ June 12 2012, 3:00 PM BST

So now I'm a murderous gun nut with an itchy trigger finger and a homosexual? Errr

Nothing gay about you and RC doing it; it would be the manliest action imaginable.

*shakey head*

Oh a related note: SHUT UP, RELIGIONS, let same sex couples get married. You don't have to let them get married under 'your god' but frankly, how many of them would want to?

I'm confused whats the diference between marriage and commitment ceremonies?

Commitment Ceremonies don't have legal implications and don't provide you with any legal rights or responsibilities. Do you mean civil partnerships?

Thats what I meant

c'mon its after 12pm so I'm drunk and contemplating throwing up in my wastepaper basket.

But yeh civil partnerships and marriages?

Quote: sootyj @ June 12 2012, 4:20 PM BST

c'mon its after 12pm so I'm drunk and contemplating throwing up in my wastepaper basket.

This is an absolutely great idea. I'm contemplating doing the same but will just use the floor.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 12 2012, 3:16 PM BST

:O

You're just jealous that your rubbish British cop show 'Chip and Ting' failed to get an audience over 200,000.

Don't lump everyone who's ever disagreed with you together. Believe it or not there's actually a wide spread of opinions beyond yours.