British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 860

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 12 2012, 1:39 AM BST

So.. any witnesses?

Re-repost.

Okay. I take your reticence to mean that there aren't any witnesses.

I take your repeated questions as a sign that your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote: DaButt @ June 12 2012, 1:19 AM BST

Don't forget that the daughter was medically examined and most likely recounted the events of the day.

And of course one can totally rely on the description of events told by a 4 year old who has just seen her father beat a man to death.

One sentence such as "It's OK baby, I stopped the BAD man" wouldn't influence her description at all, would it?

~~~~

While the balance of probabilities is that there was some sort of sexual assault on the little girl, it's your instant assumption that there DEFINITELY was such an assault that is disturbing.

<adds billwill to the jury for my next criminal trial>

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 11 2012, 11:45 PM BST

I'm with DaButt on this one. So many court cases have collapsed and evil people have walked free thanks to poor prosecutors, bad policing, corruption, technicalities, etc.

I agree, too. He murdered someone, so obviously he should be locked up for a very long time. Sure, he claims all that 'molesting' business, but why should we believe the words of someone who kills people in front of his own daughter?

Quote: billwill @ June 12 2012, 2:19 AM BST

While the balance of probabilities is that there was some sort of sexual assault on the little girl, it's your instant assumption that there DEFINITELY was such an assault that is disturbing.

Obviously there was an assault, and the father beat to death the guy that discovered him doing it, to silence him.

Quote: billwill @ June 12 2012, 2:19 AM BST

Bill you hit that nail straight on the head.

>_< That was a heavy 6/7 pages.

Let's have a nice non-contentious story to debate

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18404330

The local sherrif said "I don't intend arresting the dingo, he was just defending his child"

Never trust a drummer from LIiverpool

Quote: sootyj @ June 12 2012, 9:00 AM BST

Never trust a drummer from LIiverpool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Quote: DaButt @ June 11 2012, 10:36 PM BST

Good for him:

http://www.kens5.com/news/Texas-dad-not-charged-for-killing-daughters-alleged-molester-158480605.html

It's just as conceiviable that the farmhand discovered the father abusing the girl and tried to stop him. The father, worried that his paedophile ways were about to be exposed, killed the heroic farmhand and terrified his traumatised daughter into going along with it. The poor girl could now be faced with the prospect of spending the next ten or fifteen years being abused by the father. :(

Glad you said that Chip. I was holding off of it.

I mean did the supposed abuser have any kind of a record??

Quote: sootyj @ June 12 2012, 11:04 AM BST

Glad you said that Chip. I was holding off of it.

I mean did the supposed abuser have any kind of a record??

It's not mentioned anywhere. It seems that increasingly American police forces take the word of the last man standing in any crime. Which I suppose makes closing cases easier.

Quote: Nogget @ June 12 2012, 6:21 AM BST

He murdered someone, so obviously he should be locked up for a very long time. Sure, he claims all that 'molesting' business, but why should we believe the words of someone who kills people in front of his own daughter?

I can honestly see why DaButt gets so exasperated by the BCG Liberals. You have presumed a molestor innocent and a father as a murderer, based on your extensive police training, years of interviewing suspects, personal interactions with the parties involved and knowledge of the local community in Texas.

Oh wait, you didn't do that. You instead tried to impose your misguided views and shaky moral compass on a situation in which you've presumed guilt based on nothing more then your lefty, right on, Guardian eating judgements. What's that? You don't like having your value system generalised and stereotyped? Look into thine own eye hippy-crites.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 12 2012, 12:31 PM BST

You instead tried to impose your misguided views and shaky moral compass on a situation in which you've presumed guilt based on nothing more then your /.../judgements.

Well of course I've done that! The only other way is to do something ridiculous like reserve judgement until it's all been investigated. And we wouldn't want that, would we, because: "So many court cases have collapsed and evil people have walked free thanks to poor prosecutors, bad policing, corruption, technicalities, etc."

So I say immediately lock up the evil father who killed that guy that was trying to defend the girl, because "innocent until proven guilty only applies to the criminals in these cases and not the law abiding citizens who defend themselves. "