British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 984

TTPYO - I am having an almost violent reaction to the trailer for a new BBC thing called 'True Love'. Soon as I hear the very first note of the Cyndi Lauper cover song, I throw myself across the living room in search of the remote.

It really is the most awful pile of stinking whale foreskins I have ever seen and reinforces my unjustifiable hatred of the BBC.

I saw this earlier and physically recoiled. Doesn't it look awful! I also have a deep seated hatred for shoddy covers of songs which have just been slowed down with breathy vocals and twikly noises. I wrote a song about it infact.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 11 2012, 4:32 PM BST

covers of songs which have just been slowed down with breathy vocals and twikly noises.

Such as 'Mad World' - which became popular because it was used in an advert for...a video game! And we have come full circle, take your pills now!

No, mad world isn't really quite the category I meant. It's mainly the trend in the last couple of years of young (very young in some cases) blonde girls wandering through forests singing covers of Sting songs. Ooooh, I'm SO etherial! Buy my album!

Sorry Nat, you are bringing back unpleasant memories of my previous rant a few months back about the song 'Little Boxes'.

I might have to lie down...on the couch and watch the football.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 11 2012, 4:43 PM BST

Sorry Nat, you are bringing back unpleasant memories of my previous rant a few months back about the song 'Little Boxes'.

I might have to lie down...on the couch and watch the football.

Is that the "little boxes filled with ticky tacky?" I hate that more than anything else int he world I've ever heard. Especially because it makes me hum the tubne for hours afterwards and I want to punch my own face in.

Wow, my distain seemingly has caused a flurry of typos. I apologise for nothing.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 11 2012, 4:30 PM BST

hatred of the BBC.

Please leave the country.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 11 2012, 4:45 PM BST

Please leave the country.

Who are you? Theresa May?

Topical!

Laughing out loud Lovin' all remarks today! no one can 'piss on my chips' today! (rare moment)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 11 2012, 4:50 PM BST

I'm your worst nightmare; an eight year old with a badge.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 11 2012, 4:50 PM BST

Topical!

Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 11 2012, 4:30 PM BST

It really is the most awful pile of stinking whale foreskins I have ever seen

Don't diss whale foreskins. Aristotle Onassis had the bar stools in yacht upholstered with them, and you don't get classier than that.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 11 2012, 4:43 PM BST

Isn't that Gary Glitters new song?

Oh dear.

Yeh that one got past my judgement filter.