British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 973

Quote: Harridan @ June 7 2012, 11:30 PM BST

Oh, well I'd better buy fairy liquid and tampax and ariel or I'll never be an athlete.

I've been wolfing down the McDonalds and Coca-Cola - I mean, they are official sponsors, they wouldn't sell bad stuff to people, would they?

McDonalds Olympic meal

is a box with 10 chicken nuggets and 10 onion rings

irony is dead

again.

Well at the very least we'll be clean and fat, and even if we can't beat Usain Bolt in a race we can at least use the same credit cards!

Quote: Harridan @ June 7 2012, 11:35 PM BST

even if we can't beat Usain Bolt in a race we can at least use the same credit cards!

And thanks to Dow Chemicals, we can even use the same performance enhancing drugs!

Well, I think I see why they're all cashing in on the olympics...the ads have clearly worked on us!

Quote: Harridan @ June 7 2012, 11:38 PM BST

the ads have clearly worked on us!

That actually got me thinking. I'm trying to remember the last time I saw an advert for a product and rushed out to get it.

It's usually weird things for me, like Corn Flakes and I end up going: 'Stone the crows, I haven't had Corn Flakes in a while, think I'll get some'

*and then forget to buy the milk*

Proctor & Gamble have always kept a low profile, always letting the brands do the talking. So it's interesting they are advertising so heavily now.

May be a good time to buy stocks.

Quote: sootyj @ June 6 2012, 11:48 AM BST

OUR WILL CAM IS STANDING IN THE FRONT DOOR OF HIS HOUSE LOOKING SHAME FACED BESIDES HIM STANDS A CROSS LOOKING POLICE OFFICER INFRONT STANDS MRS OUR WILL CAM WITH ROLLERS IN HER HAIR AND A ROLLING PIN

OUR WILL CAM HAS A BOOT SHAPED MARK IN THE BACK OF HIS TROUSER, A FLATTENED NOSE AND A TRUNCHEON SHAPED DENT IN HIS FLAT CAP

POLICE OFFICER
Is this your husband mam?

MRS OUR WILL CAM
Aye, he looks a bit battered. But that's our layabout, work shy husband whats he been doing now?

POLICE OFFICER
Playing pooh sticks the young scally wag.

MRS OUR WILL CAM
And you gave thou nincompoop a shoeing for that?

POLICE OFFICER
He did a 1000 plops off bridge in t' river. He was sticking little union jacks in them with cocktail sticks an all.

OUR WILL CAM
I only wanted to see t' flottila. But after Jarrow Marches us shiftless Northern unemployed aren't allowed down south. So I were making a pootilla.

POLICE OFFICER
And the wicked crime of dogicide.

POLICE OFFICER HANDS OUR WILL CAM'S WIFE A BLOODIED POTATO SACK SHE LOOKS INSIDE AND SHRIEKS.

OUR WILL CAM'S WIFE
Eeee our Sootyj! Ee's been hoofed to death. Why our will Cam?

OUR WILL CAM
Eee were being reet unpatriotic. I asked how our lovely queen were looking and e said "Rough!"

POLICE OFFICER
Can I leave this reprobate with you mam?

OUR WILL CAM'S WIFE
I think you rightly can! He's due for his OBE.

OUR WILL CAM
Eee grand I knew me patriotism would pay off.

OUR WILL CAM'S WIFE
One bent ear!

OUR WILL CAM'S WIFE DRAGS HIM IN BY ONE EAR

OUR WILL CAM
Owww turned out shite again!

Cheers fr the bump Sootyj, I had missed this one. Another beaut Laughing out loud

Insomnia pisses me off. And snoring dogs and noisy hamsters going mad in their wheel.

I'll be in a bad mood tomorrow for a change.

Quote: Harridan @ June 7 2012, 11:30 PM BST

TTPYO: (I'm pissed off lately, it seems) All the sports themed adverts trying to link all products to the olympics in any contrived way possible. Just seen a fairy liquid ad that says in takes 20,000 dishes to make an athlete. Oh, well I'd better buy fairy liquid and tampax and ariel or I'll never be an athlete.

To do what which sport exactly? I don't pay much attention to sport but I'm fairly sure washing dishes isn't one of them.

As for the Mcdonalds meal we have several of them. They include a Sydney burger, London fish fingers and chips, and spanish omlette on a English muffin.

As for what pisses me off this week: People. In particular those who suddenly stop in fron of you in the street, suddenly turn around without looking and those who dawldle out the front of a shop, then when there is no way possible that they did not see me trying to get past step in front of me.

Had a very pleasant exchange with a woman in the supermarket who I gave a money-off voucher to, then was put in a foul mood walking back when some bloke told me to 'smile, it can't be that bad'. Not even in a jokey way which is irritating enough, but in a really aggressive way.
I try to avoid getting into arguments with these people, but I was right on the verge of 'f**k off, you c**t, it is none of your business what my facial expression is, you know nothing about me, or my life, something horrible could have just happened, and even if it hasn't, I don't exist to brighten up the street for you, you absolute tossbag. F**k off'

It's going to happen one day soon and I am going to get stabbed.

Hug I'm so sorry, AJGO.

Quote: AJGO @ June 8 2012, 3:27 PM BST

Had a very pleasant exchange with a woman in the supermarket who I gave a money-off voucher to, then was put in a foul mood walking back when some bloke told me to 'smile, it can't be that bad'. Not even in a jokey way which is irritating enough, but in a really aggressive way.
I try to avoid getting into arguments with these people, but I was right on the verge of 'f**k off, you c**t, it is none of your business what my facial expression is, you know nothing about me, or my life, something horrible could have just happened, and even if it hasn't, I don't exist to brighten up the street for you, you absolute tossbag. F**k off'

It's going to happen one day soon and I am going to get stabbed.

You sound/read just like me. I get that a lot.
It's not that I'm a sad misery guts, it's more that if I walk down the street with a smile on my face everyone will think I'm special.
Who in their right mind walks by themselves grinning? Only the mentals.

Quote: Booo @ June 8 2012, 3:33 PM BST

You sound/read just like me. I get that a lot.
It's not that I'm a sad misery guts, it's more that if I walk down the street with a smile in my face everyone will think I'm special.
Who in their right mind walks by themselves grinning? Only the mentals.

Yep. I happen to be one of those people who looks gloomy when I'm not smiling. as you say though, if I walked around grinning the whole time people would think I was strange. Which I am but they don't need to know that.

Quote: AJGO @ June 8 2012, 3:27 PM BST

Sorry to hear that AJ, you seem to be attracting a lot of the local nutters lately, hope you are okay.

Now, I know with these sort of situations, you ladies just want a sympathetic ear and don't want any advice - so here is some advice -

I hate going to the supermarket so much, that I put on my super angry face whenever I go in there and no one says shit to me. Even the self service machine has stopped saying 'Approval Needed'.

So my advice, go into the supermarket looking like you're ready to start dishing out the slaps and people will leave you alone. Another top tip, have an open can of lager whenever you are on public transport and swear to yourself in a tourettes way every few seconds and you will get both seats for the whole journey.

RC - literally bursting with good ideas.