British Comedy Guide

The Diamond Jubilee Page 6

Quote: Tursiops @ June 6 2012, 6:20 PM BST

Now if she hurries up and croaks from the strain of all that smiling we might get another one for Charlie's coronation.

:O

Can't we exert some sort of public pressure and force Her Maj to skip a generation and just make Wills and Kate the new Monarchs?

At the very least, it will stop my Mum ringing me up to have a moan about Camilla's attention hogging hat choices.

Quote: Tursiops @ June 6 2012, 6:22 PM BST

I think all this moaning and sniping about Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee is an absolute disgrace. What's wrong with people today that they are unable to appreciate the significance of the occasion of an extra day's bank holiday?

Now if she hurries up and croaks from the strain of all that smiling we might get another one for Charlie's coronation.

Yes, God don't you hate these people who sneer and make snide remarks all the time?

I see what you did there... I make comments about the things people say, very true (I think that's fair enough) though when I have something to say I'll say it. Read your own post again re - 'snide'

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 6 2012, 6:27 PM BST

Can't we just "do a Bolshevik" and string 'em all up? Then wrap their bodies in the ghost of the Daily Mirror?

When you travel abroad, especially somewhere like America, you realise what a tiny, insignificant country Britain is. You know what we'd be without a royal family? Denmark. So yeah, think on.

Besides, who wants to have President Blair or whatever?

Denmark has a royal family.

Quote: sootyj @ June 6 2012, 6:33 PM BST

Denmark has a royal family.

Yeah, name one of them without having to look it up on Wikipedia. Thought so.

;)

Princess Christiana

Princess Christiana

Not noticed that Paris or Vienna are struggling to pull in the tourists since they booted out their blue bloods.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 6 2012, 6:34 PM BST

Yeah, name one of them without having to look it up on Wikipedia.

The Queen of Denmark. ;)

Quote: sootyj @ June 6 2012, 6:35 PM BST

Princess Christiana

Liar, liar, pantaloons on fire! As far as the world is concerned, there is only one real Royal Family and that is Liz and Co.

Who visits Denmark to look at their monarchist crap? No one.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 6 2012, 6:32 PM BST

When you travel abroad, especially somewhere like America, you realise what a tiny, insignificant country Britain is.

I realised that in Primary School.

You know what we'd be without a royal family? Denmark. So yeah, think on.

As has been pointed out, Denmark still has an active royal family.

Think on.

Me. As long as they are democratically elected.. and not part of a hereditary dynastic process that is intrinsically flawed.

Quote: Tursiops @ June 6 2012, 6:36 PM BST

Not noticed that Paris or Vienna are struggling to pull in the tourists since they booted out their blue bloods.

Well, obviously the French and the Austrians immediately caved to the Nazi war machine and have lots of old buildings that weren't bombed to shit. And the French have the nerve to call London 'ugly'. Dirty foreigns.

Just make the Speaker head of state. He already has the silly consume and I am sure he could build time into busy schedule for opening bridges and buttering up any overseas psychopaths we are looking to flog arms to.

She wrote a lovely kids prayer book.

And her son I believe Prince Henrick was caught fruiting up the other kids at a bible camp.

You sir are stunningly ignorant.

Good thing you're so pretty.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 6 2012, 6:39 PM BST

Me. As long as they are democratically elected.. and not part of a hereditary dynastic process that is intrinsically flawed.

You'd rather have an inept and corrupt political process that elects a leader without overall support from the public?

I'd check again if I were you, people seem to be far more trustful of the Windsors then the Camerons or the Blairs.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 6 2012, 6:39 PM BST

Well, obviously the French and the Austrians immediately caved to the Nazi war machine and have lots of old buildings that weren't bombed to shit. And the French have the nerve to call London 'ugly'. Dirty foreigns.

Think it is more case that on the Continent that when fabulous old buildings were destroyed by the Nazis (or the allies) they were as far as possible rebuilt. Whereas in Britain we knocked down anything the Luftwaffe had left standing and built shoddy tower blocks.