British Comedy Guide

The Diamond Jubilee Page 4

Well apparently it was supposed to be a joint birthday celebration (her other birthday is next week). But no one else mentioned it, so...

Quote: zooo @ June 5 2012, 2:21 AM BST

Well apparently it was supposed to be a joint birthday celebration (her other birthday is next week). But no one else mentioned it, so...

Nah I don't buy it at all. They f**ked up, simple.

We can 'celebrate' her fake birthday next week.

;) Always a non-event, guaren teed.

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 4 2012, 12:27 AM BST

:O

Prince Phillip proving there's nothing wrong with his bladder.

Quote: David Carmon @ June 5 2012, 2:19 AM BST

Alot of the jokes fell a bit flat, I dread to think what she made of the pension joke.

Lenny Henry was okay, what little I saw of it.

Only saw Tom Jones singing, not vintage TJ but still not bad.

Quote: zooo @ June 5 2012, 2:16 AM BST

I thought Cliff was pretty awful (gawd bless him).

Na, I won't hear a word of it. Unimpressed I'm sure he was brilliant again.

:D Cripes; 'Save us the day'...

Quote: zooo @ June 5 2012, 2:16 AM BST

I thought Cliff was pretty awful (gawd bless him).

He doesn't look like he's been 23 recently either.

I've just found out who paid for all that freebie concert junket stuff..

..plus all the rest..

Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick

Bloody jubilee! They basically closed down the National Gallery today because of all those flag-waving nutsos in Trafalgar Square. I only managed to get passed a guard because he was about 12 and I intimidated him. Poor guy at the NG shop said I was the first customer in 4 hours. It was nice and peaceful inside, though. BUT THEN it took me 2 hours to get home because all the tube stations and roads were closed!

I cannot imagine how awful it is going to be during the olympics. *grumble grumble*

I feel for the poor bloke who will have to fold up the royal standard tonight. It's a big one.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 5 2012, 7:54 PM BST

Wonder what the performers' + crew's fees were?

Who cares?

A fantastic few days showing off our royal family to the rest of the world.

Pomp, pageantry, fantastic flyover, being proud to be British

Quote: Will Cam @ June 5 2012, 10:17 PM BST

Who cares?

Obviously not you. Could this be "I'm alright Jack" syndrome?

An horrendous few days, with her and her atrocious extended family cocking their snooks at the plebs, whilst the multilegions of her praetorians and sycophants suck up and spread the PR lie that it's good for us.

Ashamed to be british.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 5 2012, 10:28 PM BST

An horrendous few days, with her and her atrocious extended family cocking their snooks at the plebs, whilst the multilegions of her praetorians and sycophants suck up and spread the PR lie that it's good for us.

Ashamed to be british.

Why do you think the vast majority of foreign visitors come to London? Any cost will be hugely offset by the millions spent in the capital over the event.

Please post up the video clip of one of the royal family cocking their snook.

If you are that ashamed to be british ,there are plenty of other countries within a £50 flight you could try.

Ashamed to be british.

What's more British than 'cocking snooks at plebs'? Read through these forums and see how many times you see the word 'chav'. Sneering at people who are less well off or perceived as not as well educated is all the rage. Same thing, lower scale.

Ashamed to be british.

As dumb, extravagant and anachronistic as your constitutional monarchy may seem, it's hardly an evil, repressive regime, so no need to be ashamed.

Quote: Will Cam @ June 5 2012, 10:58 PM BST

Why do you think the vast majority of foreign visitors come to London?

My visits to London were never motivated by any desire to see the Queen or anything to do with the monarchy. My chief motivation was to visit Oscar Wilde's grave.

And the best coverage comes from overseas-

http://gawker.com/5915733/jon-stewart-was-highly-amused-by-cnns-coverage-of-the-queens-diamond-jubilee