British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 967

;) Some allusion to Greek apothecary? just get on with it.

Gary Barlow being considered a musical genius!

FFS - he's just the "singer" in a Karaoke boy band with discernible talent whatsoever! (I can almost understand Robbie Williams' appeal though.)

Who is calling him a musical genius?!

Laughing out loud M y son is the image of Robbie- that's why he has trouble finding a girlfriend!

Quote: Harridan @ June 5 2012, 9:24 PM BST

Who is calling him a musical genius?!

Well why was he involved in that jubilee record? Lloyd Webber is obviously highly respected and you can understand why he was asked but there are millions of better lyricists in this country.

Quote: dellas @ June 5 2012, 9:27 PM BST

Laughing out loud M y son is the image of Robbie- that's why he has trouble finding a girlfriend!

ouch!

Quote: Chappers @ June 5 2012, 9:31 PM BST

Well why was he involved in that jubilee record? Lloyd Webber is obviously highly respected and you can understand why he was asked but there are millions of better lyricists in this country.

How many of them are popular and sappy enough to write a jubilee song?

Quote: Chappers @ June 5 2012, 9:22 PM BST

Gary Barlow being considered a musical genius!

FFS - he's just the "singer" in a Karaoke boy band with discernible talent whatsoever! (I can almost understand Robbie Williams' appeal though.)

I can't stand the c**t. But to write and perform songs that appeal to a lot of different people, surely is considered some sort of talent.

Music is to be enjoyed, whether it's on a cold critical level like yours (;)) or a fun, laid back nice sound on the ear, like all us cool crazy cats out there Cool

Quote: Harridan @ June 5 2012, 9:32 PM BST

How many of them are popular and sappy enough to write a jubilee song?

OK - good point.

Barlow was picked because he's safe. He's this generations Cliff Richard.

Quote: chipolata @ June 5 2012, 9:48 PM BST

Barlow was picked because he's safe. He's this generations Cliff Richard.

Come on. At least Cliff has CHARACTER! Barlow is just a bland whiny northerner.

I can't stand philistines of music.

A lot of pop may not come from the heart but if it gets your foot-a-tapping what's the f**king problem?

It's like when you call it (c)rap. That's just the opinion of someone who doesn't understand it, but it's perfectly understandable if it doesn't sound good in your ear and I'm not surprised a 93 year old man can't relate to the the early 70s Bronx ghetto scene. I'm surprised you easily dismiss something that has roots in blues music, jazz and even further back. Rap is the biggest franchise in the world. Sure there's a lot of pop-rap, that has lost touch with its values but at the end of the day it is an extremnely powerful form of expressive music (to a beat or rythm) that cannot be so easily dismissed.

Rant over.

Quote: Lee @ June 5 2012, 9:52 PM BST

That.

Quote: Chappers @ June 5 2012, 9:51 PM BST

Yeah... damn whiny northerners.

Quote: Lee @ June 5 2012, 9:52 PM BST

Also, reality TV facists.

Also, bags. One, those f**king bags in supermarkets for putting fruit in. And, two, bin bags. How hard are they to open!!!? I often lose my rag with them in the middle of the shop going a little Basil Fawlty.

Also, also, toilet rolls that don't unravel properly and you end up having to waste the first ten sheets by tearing them away.

Quote: Chappers @ June 5 2012, 9:51 PM BST

There's nowt wrong with being a whiny northerner my lad.

Now where is that whippet of mine......SOOTYJ!.......SOOTYJ!.........JESUS CHRIST! SOOTYJ!!.....