British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 841

Put your gist away.

Quote: zooo @ May 30 2012, 9:23 PM BST

Put your gist away.

Laughing out loud

It took a while, but even you got it in the end. Cool

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 30 2012, 9:20 PM BST

I am figuratively all ears - why has rape suddenly been more recognized by 53% since last year. Even with the most public and widespread campaign, getting women to come forward to report this crime is incredibly difficult.

You seem to think that I am blaming a particular group, I'm not, I'm blaming loads of groups from all over the world, from Europe to the Baltics, from the Middle East to Africa and all over Southern Asia.

To completely ignore these transient populations with widely differing views on women and rape in their own cultures is to condemn another 3300 London women to rape next year.

Unless, of course, you think these chicks are making it up, you know, for attention or to get back at someone. Which is also possible.

Renegade I ain't getting into this discussion. The alternative arguments are out there and you're smart enough to know what they are.

I wish you'd choose another subject to dick about with.

Quote: sootyj @ May 30 2012, 9:26 PM BST

I wish you'd choose another subject to dick about with.

Just as there are no taboos in comedy, there isn't a subject I'm unwilling to tackle on the BCG - except Cats!!!

Yes, it's an uncomfortable thing to talk about and doesn't cosily fit in with how we want the world to be, but there it is.

I'm not seeking to promote racial tension, but I'm also not willing to cover up crimes for the sake of political correctness either. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm late for an honour killing and a female circumcision - clitorises don't just cut themselves off you know.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 30 2012, 9:32 PM BST

All based on "stats" that you read somewhere?

Or made up. Whatever wins my argument. ;)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 30 2012, 9:30 PM BST

Yes, it's an uncomfortable thing to talk about and doesn't cosily fit in with how we want the world to be, but there it is.

It's not uncomfortable at all. Increased imigration may have played a role, but if it did then it will be alongside other factors; other factors which may well have played a greater role. But you seem to be stating that it's all down to imigration, rather than the more likely scenario of an accumulation of several different factors.

Just as there are no taboos in comedy, there isn't a subject I'm unwilling to tackle on the BCG - except Cats!!!

I'm not seeking to promote racial tension, but I'm also not willing to cover up crimes for the sake of political correctness either. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm late for an honour killing and a female circumcision - clitorises don't just cut themselves off you know.

You're also unwilling to engage with the facts from the other side of the argument.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 30 2012, 9:35 PM BST

Shouldn't that be "and" made-up?

Considering that you believe that all statistics are made up - except those from the afternoon programme Pointless - then and / or would be most appropriate.

This story is SO much more interesting than this argument. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18261680

Nah, I think I've got him (RC). I think he's a big fluffy kitten-type person deep down (extremely deep, so deep you need an oxygen tank, that kind of deep).

Quote: sootyj @ May 30 2012, 9:37 PM BST

You're also unwilling to engage with the facts from the other side of the argument.

Probably because there have been no facts from the other side, only carefully worded statements that adhere to a political line. As I pointed out in my previous post - honour killings and female circumcision - two crimes against women unhitherto to these shores not 30 years ago have regularly hit the headlines. In comparison to these cultural activities, rape is a minor infraction.

In Romania, women are kidnapped off the street and forced into prostitution, in India, unwanted wives are doused in petrol and set on fire, in Africa, women are raped on a regular basis, in Pakistan, women wanting a divorce have acid thrown in their face so they can't find another man and the list goes on and on.

It would be naive to think that as soon as these cultures touch down in Heathrow that they instantly adjust to the British way of life and forget their old ways.

Add to that list, groups of immigrant workers who only come to Britain temporarily and the vast army of diplomatic workers with immuninty from prosecution and bad things happen.

Because Renegade this is a rare subject I don't want to dick about with.

Good luck, hope you enjoy yourself.

Quote: zooo @ May 30 2012, 9:42 PM BST

This story is SO much more interesting than this argument. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18261680

This will be another trial by media. They're not a well liked family, so I can imagine 'witnesses' coming forward to point an accusing finger.

The great thing is that I've met people who've already made their mind up on this one and believe them to be guilty.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 30 2012, 9:54 PM BST

You should hear the english expats in Abu Dhabi and their attitudes and behaviour towards the "Yik-Yaks", as they call them. Maybe you should emigrate there, RC?

Yeah, living in a desert surrounded by Muslims sounds like a blast. But I'll give it a miss, I knew a British girl who grew up in Saudia Arabia and she was pretty clear cut on life in the Middle East.

Plus I'd still have Internet access, so you couldn't get rid of me.

I'm unwilling to tackle on the BCG - except Cats!!!

Just try it Punk. Go ahead, make my day.