British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 840

Quote: Booo @ May 30 2012, 8:38 PM BST

And you're so cold with that guess you've turned to ice and your bits have dropped off.

Have you given me a subtle clue? Are you from Iceland? (the country, not the supermarket)

Spainnn?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 30 2012, 8:38 PM BST

Wherever you have vast amounts of immigration, you get crime, poverty and other social ills. The murder rates in Scandanavian countries have risen %400 since 1992 when the EU removed border controls. It's why so much crime fiction has suddenly arisen from these countries.

The last time house prices in London didn't increase was between 1989-1998, a result of the Black Monday financial crisis and subsequent recession.

You might want to check your facts there (and don't just use the first result on Google)...Let me know how it goes but for now I'm off for a pint.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 30 2012, 8:40 PM BST

Have you given me a subtle clue? Are you from Iceland? (the country, not the supermarket)

:D

No. You know the hot or cold guessing game? The furthest away from the answer the coldest you are? Well, it's like that.

I'm not Spanish either.

You won't know and we'll be here all night.

Quote: Booo @ May 30 2012, 8:57 PM BST

You won't know and we'll be here all night.

Then I'm glad I saved time by calling you a 'foreign' - see it's all inclusive. ;)

Oh bloomin' heck.
:)

You're going to have to make it really easy and tell us the first letter.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 30 2012, 9:00 PM BST

Then I'm glad I saved time by calling you a 'foreign' - see it's all inclusive. ;)

Ok, I'm going to guess you're a grim Northerner living dahn sarf, mid to late 40s, chip on shoulder. How did I do?

;)

Is it a member of the European Union currently in dire financial straits? Wait, that really doesn't narrow it down much. Errr

Ahem. Is it Portugal? Whistling nnocently

Quote: Booo @ May 30 2012, 9:02 PM BST

Ok, I'm going to guess you're a grim Northerner living dahn sarf, mid to late 40s, chip on shoulder. How did I do?

;)

A Northern?! How dare you?! I'm all sophisticated and cultured and shit.

I do live in London, a little bit younger then you imagine and I don't have a chip on my shoulder, but I did once have kebab in my hair.

Quote: zooo @ May 30 2012, 9:04 PM BST

Ahem. Is it Portugal? Whistling nnocently

Yay!!!! Prize is in the post ;).

Woo!

Renegade I've not got involved in this discussion.

But please stop it. They're raping our women folk! Is the sour cry of pinheaded, fearful bigots from Biblical days by way of the Raoman Emperor and (to Godwin myself) The Nazis.

There are a lot of reasons why rape has been recognised more in recent years.

It's a point of view that's frankly beneath you.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 30 2012, 9:06 PM BST

A Northern?! How dare you?! I'm all sophisticated and cultured and shit.

I do live in London, a little bit younger then you imagine and I don't have a chip on my shoulder, but I did once have kebab in my hair.

Well I am glad I was mostly wrong. Although there's nothing wrong with being a Northerner, of course, and you're just blatantly rude about almost everyone. I'm getting the gist of this. :D

Quote: sootyj @ May 30 2012, 9:11 PM BST

There are a lot of reasons why rape has been recognised more in recent years.

I am figuratively all ears - why has rape suddenly been more recognized by 53% since last year. Even with the most public and widespread campaign, getting women to come forward to report this crime is incredibly difficult.

You seem to think that I am blaming a particular group, I'm not, I'm blaming loads of groups from all over the world, from Europe to the Baltics, from the Middle East to Africa and all over Southern Asia.

To completely ignore these transient populations with widely differing views on women and rape in their own cultures is to condemn another 3300 London women to rape next year.

Unless, of course, you think these chicks are making it up, you know, for attention or to get back at someone. Which is also possible.

Quote: Booo @ May 30 2012, 9:12 PM BST

I'm getting the gist of this. :D

Yay! \0/

I wish some of the more uptight domestic posters also got my gist.