British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 959

Quote: Booo @ May 30 2012, 11:35 AM BST

Just answer them back "awight luv", it disconcerts them.

It encourages more like.

Does sound like the sort of thing prostitutes call out to me when I am out and about late at night handing out reform leaflets!

Quote: AJGO @ May 30 2012, 12:20 AM BST

When you walk past a bus stop late at night and a fella (the only person there, and the only person on the road) goes 'Hi gorgeous'.

Grrr, if I had a pound for everytime a strange woman says 'Hi gorgeous' to me as I walk down the road, I'd have -£1,638.

I also hate it when I go to the pub by myself and strange women just come up and offer to buy me drinks.

But the worst is when you go on a first date and she expects you to sleep with her just because she bought you dinner, drinks and showered you with attention and compliments all night. Who the hell do these women think they are?!

Gah, bah and indeed pah!

:S

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 30 2012, 12:05 PM BST

Grrr, if I had a pound for everytime a strange woman says 'Hi gorgeous' to me as I walk down the road, I'd have -£1,638.

I also hate it when I go to the pub by myself and strange women just come up and offer to buy me drinks.

But the worst is when you go on a first date and she expects you to sleep with her just because she bought you dinner, drinks and showered you with attention and compliments all night. Who the hell do these women think they are?!

Gah, bah and indeed pah!

:S

Yeah, yeah, women only exist for men's approval and should shut up and put out. Who the bloody hell do I think I am indeed, etc, etc

Quote: AJGO @ May 30 2012, 12:34 PM BST

Yeah, yeah, women only exist for men's approval and should shut up and put out. Who the bloody hell do I think I am indeed, etc, etc

I'm merely pointing out that compliments, free drinks and offers of sex would not be met by derision by the male of the species.

Obviously, there is a whole layer of agression and intimidation that I'm deliberately glossing over to make my point, but the overall sentiment is still the same.

But on the plus side, we all get really old, so if you wait long enough, the bus stop pervs will ignore you altogether.

;)

Quote: AJGO @ May 30 2012, 12:20 AM BST

When you walk past a bus stop late at night and a fella (the only person there, and the only person on the road) goes 'Hi gorgeous'. In what world does anyone think it's a compliment to leer at a woman by herself at night instead of it being intimidating? I'm clearly, blatantly, obviously, not going to f**k you. All you've achieved is that I spend the next few minutes thinking 'it's fine, don't be arrogant, he's not going to follow you, men are just like that' and wanting to turn around and check if I'm being followed but can't because you'd see me looking back and possibly think I was looking back at you in a flirtatious way. I know none of the lovely BCG menfolk would be as pervy as this, but in case any random loiterers are reading, IT'S NOT A COMPLIMENT, IT'S REALLY QUITE HORRIBLE

It exists in the minds of drunken men and of men who have read (probably in some glossy magazine) that women like 'confident men' and confuse confidence with being mouthy and aggressive.

I dunno - there are some bus stop pervs who still like Grannies.

Quote: L.E. @ May 30 2012, 1:08 PM BST

I dunno - there are some bus stop pervs who still like Grannies.

To be fair, if you're trawling for biddies, where better to stalk them then at a bus stop?

Quote: L.E. @ May 30 2012, 11:43 AM BST

It encourages more like.

Is that how you encourage them, Ellie? Or do you just rely on low cut tops? ;)

Quote: chipolata @ May 30 2012, 1:21 PM BST

Is that how you encourage them, Ellie? Or do you just rely on low cut tops? ;)

Quick shake of the boobs.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 30 2012, 12:53 PM BST

I'm merely pointing out that compliments, free drinks and offers of sex would not be met by derision by the male of the species.

Not sure where you got the idea that I accepted free drinks from random lech at bus stop

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 30 2012, 12:53 PM BST

Obviously, there is a whole layer of agression and intimidation that I'm deliberately glossing over to make my point, but the overall sentiment is still the same.

You almost made a salient point there RC. You feeling okay?

Quote: L.E. @ May 30 2012, 11:43 AM BST

It encourages more like.

So it does, and this is your opportunity to unleash the mental. More often than not they're terrified anyway, think they're so full of it and then you talk back and suddenly their balls shrivel up.

Well, in my case anyway. :D

Quote: Booo @ May 30 2012, 4:09 PM BST

So it does, and this is your opportunity to unleash the mental. More often than not they're terrified anyway, think they're so full of it and then you talk back and suddenly their balls shrivel up.

Well, in my case anyway. :D

Is that you Jennifer?

Quote: Marc P @ May 30 2012, 4:11 PM BST

Is that you Jennifer?

:|

Nope.

Phew! Teary

You want to knock that whisky drinking on the head mind Booo!