British Comedy Guide

Young comedy writers - WANTED!

I am looking for young comedy writers, (17-21) to form a comedy writing group/friendship which will involve writing all types of comedy such as sitcom, stand up, parodies, sketches and comedy acting. Would be looking to take shows to Edinburgh festival in the next few years and hopefully do well there! Looking specifically for people who may have experience with writing comedy before.

You must be able to commit time to the group so students especially would be great. Would love to follow in the footsteps of the Simon Bird, Joe Thomas and Johnny Sweet trio. I am Birmingham based so it would be helpful if you were local or able to travel as I would likewise.

Contact me, (Adam) at adam.lee.chivers@live.co.uk and tell me a little bit about yourself.

MUST BE COMMITTED!
thanks.

Screw young people!

Quote: Faldor @ May 28 2012, 10:33 AM BST

Screw young people!

But only if they're above the age of consent.

Quote: groovydude89 @ May 28 2012, 11:35 AM BST

Ooh, look at me, I'm like a walking Jesus!

Quote: groovydude89 @ May 28 2012, 11:35 AM BST

Hmmm....that could be 21 (Cameroon) or 12 (a number of South American countries)

Nothing in life is ever simple.

They ought to bring in similar laws for the stand-up circuit. You'd have to be at least 25 years old before you would be allowed on a stage to tell us what you had 'observed' in your life.

Quote: Jinky @ May 28 2012, 1:28 PM BST

Certainly not Simple Simon.

Nuts, I was going to change my avitar to the picture of a young man and try sneak in.
Then I read the last line MUST BE COMMITED.
Even my wife and my ex-bosses could never get that virtue out of me.

Whats the word these kids use, oh yes - epic fail

Quote: Jinky @ May 28 2012, 1:28 PM BST

Hmmm....that could be 21 (Cameroon) or 12 (a number of South American countries)

They ought to bring in similar laws for the stand-up circuit. You'd have to be at least 25 years old before you would be allowed on a stage to tell us what you had 'observed' in your life.

I'm an 18 year old stand up, been doing it since I was 14 and have done the Glee club and the Comedy store on a friday. Just because I'm 'young' it doesn't mean I can't have an observation, whats worked well for me is taking the typical observations of life and putting my twist from a young persons point of view on it.

Its either that or go out mugging and stabbin' people.

Adam

Quote: Adam Chivers @ May 28 2012, 6:09 PM BST

Its either that or go out mugging and stabbin' people.

Hmmm...that's true.

Although, having been to a 'new act gong show' last night I might opt for being mugged next time.

(Is that you doing your stuff on YouTube? You seem a very confident young man)

It is indeed :)

Thank you very much, I'll take that as a compliment!