British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 833

SpaceX is flying over some cool looking shit.

Quote: Nogget @ May 25 2012, 1:30 PM BST

OK. Let's start with the figures. You haven't actually provided all the stats; immigration did actually happen before the time you quoted, didn't it,so what was the level back then? Because unless there's been a very sudden massive increase, then your speculation has no basis.

Okay, but the point is, this net migration figure, published just a few months ago was way over the Govt's target figure, which I think was set at a 100k. That's why it caused such an alarm, quite rightly. And these were only the official figures, which don't include the illegal immigrants flooding into Britain.

Quote: zooo @ May 25 2012, 1:50 PM BST

SpaceX is flying over some shit.

Yeah, it's over Canada at the moment.

Fnar.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 25 2012, 1:51 PM BST

Okay, but the point is, this net migration figure, published just a few months ago was way over the Govt's target figure

Yes, but that's because the government had failed to reduce the number of immigrants coming here, which is what they'd said they'd do. The actual level was about the same as the year before. It hasn't suddenly jumped up massively over past years, according to this graph:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/quote/878276/

Well I find a 75% increase in 6 years quite alarming and hardly stable looking, myself!

This rise was seen as way too much, Mig Watch got a uni to project what the outcome would be in years to come and that study said we'd reach 70m in pop by 2050, which would cause catastrphic social upheava and unrest so the govt. set a 100k target for last year which it failed abymally to achieve.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 25 2012, 2:20 PM BST

Well I find a 75% increase in 6 years quite alarming and hardly stable looking, myself!

And did rape figures increase over those 6 years?
Rc was trying to tie in the increase in rape with the figure of 250,000 net immigration for last year. According to that graph, it was 250,000 4 years ago too, which suggests there's been no increase in the level of immigration over that period.

Therefore, no correlation.

Can someone put the rape figures up then please. My guess is that the rape and sexual abuse, not to mention sexual traficking figures are shooting up in the foreign nationals/immigrants percentages of sex crimes. What RC is saying in his alarmist internet hystria language is very probably actually happening.

The figures for rape in London were in the BBC link I provided, somewhere over 3,300 or a 53% increase.

Now this can only be down to two things -

1. We men, as a gender, have suddenly gone rape crazy because of the austerity measures.

or

2. The recent influx of foreigns with no respect for women have increased or they have taught thier rapey values to their offspring. Bear in mind, that I'm not picking on Islam - there are plenty of mad rapists from Africa and Eastern Europe, many of whom are in the country illegally.

The 250,000 net migration figures are for the last year and were brought up on The Politics Show as being embarrassing for the Tories who promised to get it down to the tens of thousands.

Unfortunately, I have not seen any statistics for the ethnic origins of the rapists and I suspect I never will. Just as with street crime in London, the Government and the press are very reluctant to release information which may create racial tension.

Though I could be massively wrong, anyone else have a theory why rape has suddenly jumped 53%?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 25 2012, 5:35 PM BST

Though I could be massively wrong, anyone else have a theory why rape has suddenly jumped 53%?

53% increase since when? Last week?

The figures for rape in London were in the BBC link I provided, somewhere over 3,300 or a 53% increase.

Now this can only be down to two things -

1. We men, as a gender, have suddenly gone rape crazy because of the austerity measures.

or

2. The recent influx of foreigns with no respect for women have increased or they have taught thier rapey values to their offspring. Bear in mind, that I'm not picking on Islam - there are plenty of mad rapists from Africa and Eastern Europe, many of whom are in the country illegally.

The 250,000 net migration figures are for the last year and were brought up on The Politics Show as being embarrassing for the Tories who promised to get it down to the tens of thousands.

Unfortunately, I have not seen any statistics for the ethnic origins of the rapists and I suspect I never will. Just as with street crime in London, the Government and the press are very reluctant to release information which may create racial tension.

Someone has to say it... you really need to give yourself a shake.

Rather helpfully, both the Met Police and the representative from Rape Crisis have given a plausible explanation in the same BBC article.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman claimed the rise was due to victims feeling more confident about coming forward.

He said: "We believe this rise in recorded crimes is partly due to an increase in victims coming forward to report rape and sexual assaults."

Yvonne Traynor, chief executive of Rape Crisis South of London, said: "Women feel more confident they are going to be believed.

"There are more support services around and more a culture of doing everything we possibly can to get the bad guys off the streets."

I don't know if they're right but I assume they have a reason for saying so.

Just heard on news a senior detective has altered 'rape files' and CPS records on many cases!

I agree with RC on this. Nogget is deluded to think it's not the case. Grow up and face the real Britain.

Angry With the Police officials meddling/ altering victims statements like this how will prosecution follow?