British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 827

Quote: zooo @ May 21 2012, 6:30 PM BST

It's Will.i.am! He actually is famous! :O

Laughing out loud Pff!

Well, in comparison to all the other 'celebrities' who've carried it so far! ie, cricketers... :/

Whistling nnocently Quite fancy that Will.i.am bloke.

Lol, he is quite cute on The Voice.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 21 2012, 5:00 PM BST

they got £150,000 for it..

The bloke next door is a torchbearer - nominated by Coke, not because he's a local worthy. Riley could do with £150,000... Whistling nnocently

;) Perhaps He is easier to 'light up'?...

WTF?

:D Not me again?, sponsored by 'coke'- easier to light up/ignite... another tumbleweed moment.......

Quote: dellas @ May 21 2012, 9:09 PM BST

:D Not me again?, sponsored by 'coke'- easier to light up/ignite... another tumbleweed moment.......

No really dellas. I was more thinking of relieving him of that terrible burden of the torch. Particularly as his was paid for by the sponsor.

Jessica Ennis was denied a personal best in the 100m hurdles at the Great CityGames in Manchester because only nine of the necessary 10 barriers were laid out by the organisers.
The Team GB heptathlete clocked 12.75 seconds but her time does not stand.
Ennis said: "I am so annoyed. I still had a good competitive race, but I've just not got the result I wanted."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18138378

Quote: dellas @ May 21 2012, 8:44 PM BST

Whistling nnocently Quite fancy that Will.i.am bloke.

Oh, suits you Dellas :D

Not that I'm a cynical man, but the coincedence of George Osbourne giving £10 billion to the IMF and the recent release of this new report from the IMF, seem to be inexorably linked -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18158226

If the Tories, Mervyn King and the IMF all say that Britain is back on track, then who are we to argue with them?

Unimpressed

Not sure I entirely understand the link.

It's probably there but I'm just being dense.

With every country in Europe (bar Germany) being given terrible forecasts by the IMF, our 'loan' has ensured that Britain gets a fake thumbs up.

Where they got 3% growth in 2013 is beyond me, but they've forecast it nonetheless, making Britain look like an attractive place to invest your foreign money.

To put it on a more relatable footing - sootyj takes out a massive 4 page advert in Empire magazine and his film gets a glowing review and a 5 star rating - even though it's just hidden camera footage from the ladies loo in the Beckenham Asda.

Ah so we're loaning to make ourselves look richer than we are as a dangerous gamble.

Like when you offered to take the Ukranian ladies Olympic team for a date at the Ritz. In the actual hope of sticking them with the bill, in the hope of getting slapped happy.