British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 953

Quote: zooo @ May 18 2012, 7:31 PM BST

Oh bugger. Not that one!

I'll replace him with Steve.

*does that patronising sucking air through teeth thing men in shops do when you politely ask them which of a samey but supposedly manly product one should purchase*

Steve? Steve? You avin a laff? He's at least two decades past his sell-by date

True, but at the end of the day, it's a game of two halves.

Laughing out loud So true, so true. *Totters off to put a bet on McManaman regardless of the teeth-sucking she will face*

Those bloody Armed Forces Day adverts on the radio because they're all obviously actors.

Quote: Chappers @ May 18 2012, 10:57 PM BST

Those bloody Armed Forces Day adverts on the radio because they're all obviously actors.

What is Armed Forces Day? I've never heard of it.

Quote: KLRiley @ May 18 2012, 6:36 PM BST

That was my problem. For some reason the auto back up wasn't running and I tried a manual back up, which Word didn't like and promptly fell over. I've rewritten about two thirds of what I'd done and have been saving virtually every sentence.

I've taken to you using Dropbox to keep my really important work on.
'Course if that goes up the wall, I'm equally screwed.

Quote: chipolata @ May 18 2012, 11:03 PM BST

What is Armed Forces Day? I've never heard of it.

http://www.armedforcesday.org.uk/

Quote: Chappers @ May 18 2012, 11:13 PM BST

http://www.armedforcesday.org.uk/

Don't we have Remembrance Day for this sort of thing?
I'm not in favour of making up spurious days willy-nilly.

It's been going on for a few years now.

Quote: Lazzard @ May 18 2012, 11:05 PM BST

I've taken to you using Dropbox to keep my really important work on.
'Course if that goes up the wall, I'm equally screwed.

Storing Data in The Cloud (such as dropbox)

A great danger as far as I can see is excessive belief, by the user, in the quality of service by the Cloud provider and hence a tendency to store sole copies of vital data thereon. Sure the technical stability and duplication & backup facilities are usually more than adequate, but going abruptly bankrupt or having government action close down a cloud company's servers (because some users were storing/publishing copyright-violation material) is a greater risk than the technical stability.

The latter has already occurred in the USA.

Bill

The sock monster. It appears to have run away with the peg monster as I have hardly any pegs left either.

Another phrase that football "experts" use all the times which doesn't mean what it should do.

Unplayable.

That sounds like he shouldn't be allowed to play but apparently means you can't NOT play him.

:D Biro monster, glove monster, lipstick monster and lighter monster!!! >_<

Quote: dellas @ May 21 2012, 8:45 AM BST

:D Biro monster, glove monster, lipstick monster and lighter monster!!! >_<

Lighter monster is good, stopy smokey.

Shock! Horror! Screams the news programmes as it emerges that relay runners are selling their Olympic Torches on eBay for huge amounts of money.

How dare average men and women make money from London 2012? Don't they realise that only land developers, corporate sponsors and politicians are allowed to exploit the Olympics for money?

Maybe next time, the organisers won't choose poor people to run about with flames - have they learned nothing from the Summer Riots?