British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 820

Crossbows are legal Stott

and c'mon in this case its germane to the news.

Quote: sootyj @ May 18 2012, 3:27 PM BST

I was interested in how no serious politician in the US is even slightly trying to legislate against guns.

Legal gun ownership is up to about 50% of the population. You'd have better luck trying to ban people from owning trucks or watching television in the US.

Quote: sootyj @ May 18 2012, 3:30 PM BST

and c'mon in this case its germane to the news.

No, let's never bring up anything about guns in this thread regardless of any current news events, it leads to much dickishness.

*Aims Crossbow at Sooty*

Doesn't matter if it's relevant to current news or not, it's always the exact same argument with the exact same people every single time!

(With the exact same people saying 'not this again' as well.)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 18 2012, 3:31 PM BST

No, let's never bring up anything about guns in this thread regardless of any current news events, it leads to much dickishness.

*Aims Crossbow of cupids arrows at Sooty's heart*

Aw shucks

but we don't talk shit about other things?

Quote: sootyj @ May 18 2012, 3:27 PM BST

I was interested in how no serious politician in the US is even slightly trying to legislate against guns.

That's 100% incorrect.

Quote: Marc P @ May 4 2012, 11:54 AM BST

I'm just filling in for Chip while he is away

Please, Marc, I don't want anybody filling Ellie while I'm away.

Quote: DaButt @ May 17 2012, 3:51 PM BST

The parallels with the Trayvon case are there: it became a media circus, blasted in our faces day after day, week after week.

Thank God you're not banging on about it relentlessly as well, DaButt. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ May 18 2012, 2:59 PM BST

Nope. The law meant that when Martin started beating the shit out of him and pounding his head on the pavement he had the right to defend himself.

At least one witness'es report seems to indicate that fighting between them had stopped before the shot was fired. Martin had stood up. Had Zimmerman also stood up or did he shoot from lying on his back?

Is it self defence, if someone punches you & then steps back away from you?

To be honest Bill in that scenario I'd shoot, rather than have some butt head walk over and kick me to death.

Quote: sootyj @ May 18 2012, 3:30 PM BST

Crossbows are legal Stott

I don't think they are, or if so only rather weak ones.

Ditto with air guns, they require a firearms licence if they exceed a certain power rating.

Powerful enough to kill certainly.

Quote: chipolata @ May 18 2012, 9:29 PM BST

Please, Marc, I don't want anybody filling Ellie while I'm away.

Thank God you're not banging on about it relentlessly as well, DaButt. ;)

Both Chip and Andie return on the same day ????

SUSPISHUS.

Quote: sootyj @ May 18 2012, 9:33 PM BST

To be honest Bill in that scenario I'd shoot, rather than have some butt head walk over and kick me to death.

Mayhap, but whether or not it counts as self defence is questionable & depends somewhat on what the other person is doing. For instance if he says: "Oh, sorry in the dark I thought you were a mugger"

I'm going to get out of this conversation before everyone starts insulting me again.