British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 949

Quote: AJGO @ May 15 2012, 9:01 PM BST

Heh, I actually know of a pub like that that still exists, but it's one of those pubs that if you end up in you're not leaving for a few days. I'm too old for that level of commitment. And a gangster might kill me if I hogged the piano with my zero ability, and I would deserve it.

Except you previously said all your local pubs were trendy gastro pubs.

So I assume by gangster you mean a disaproving stare from an interior designer.

Quote: AJGO @ May 15 2012, 9:01 PM BST

Heh, I actually know of a pub like that that still exists, but it's one of those pubs that if you end up in you're not leaving for a few days. I'm too old for that level of commitment. And a gangster might kill me if I hogged the piano with my zero ability, and I would deserve it.

:D
Aw, those pubs really exist? It warms me cockles, so it does.

Quote: sootyj @ May 15 2012, 9:03 PM BST

Except you previously said all your local pubs were trendy gastro pubs.

So I assume by gangster you mean a disaproving stare from an interior designer.

That was a North London complaint, I'm talking about an East London pub.

I was in a North London pub the other day and someone smashed a glass and not a single person went 'wheay'. F**king disgraceful.

Quote: zooo @ May 15 2012, 9:05 PM BST

:D
Aw, those pubs really exist? It warms me cockles, so it does.

Think you've gone a bit Irish there!

Quote: AJGO @ May 15 2012, 9:09 PM BST

That was a North London complaint, I'm talking about an East London pub.

I was in a North London pub the other day and
smashed a glass and not a single person went 'wheay'. Facking disgraceful. They called the rozzers when I gave some can't a dry slap.

Gawd blimey!

Quote: AJGO @ May 15 2012, 9:09 PM BST

Think you've gone a bit Irish there!

Um. How to fix...
Knees up Mother Brown! And so on.

Quote: zooo @ May 15 2012, 9:17 PM BST

Um. How to fix...
Knees up Mrs Brown and her boys! And so on.

What is happening to this place?

Aw, you guys. I feel so at home again.
All together now, 'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner...'

No? :( I'm going North London pub to secretly seethe at the wallpaper that has been put up within The Last Decade then

Quote: AJGO @ May 15 2012, 8:11 PM BST

I am procrastinating so much that I've started to try to learn what the left hand does in Fur Elise. It's pissing me right off. I'm hoping if I get pissed off enough I'll do the work I'm meant to be doing. Or I might just go to the pub.

Well it basically provides some of the melody. It's not some sort of boogie woogie hand flapping accompaniment!! :O

Quote: Marc P @ May 15 2012, 9:43 PM BST

Well it basically provides some of the melody. It's not some sort of boogie woogie hand flapping accompaniment!! :O

Everything is a boogie woogie hand flapping accompaniment once I'm done with it.

Had a lovely time at the pub, got someone to sing 'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner' with me, might be able to borrow someone's sax if I'm nice enough to them (not in a prozzie way. I hope), and reckon I can get someone else to teach me the left hand bit of Fur Elise. A much more productive evening than if I'd just tried to work. Although brain was working on it while I was distracted and have come back with a much clearer idea of what needs to be done. Huzzah for the Great British Pub

Metrocentrics !

:|

Aw.
I think you might live in a sitcom.

This f**king advert for Malaysia. It's taken over my brain and even if I wake in the middle of the night, it plays in my head. I HATE it!

Quote: Oldrocker @ May 15 2012, 11:54 PM BST

Metrocentrics !

:|

Pourquoi?

Quote: zooo @ May 15 2012, 11:54 PM BST

Aw.
I think you might live in a sitcom.

Um, Pourmoi? Does that work?

Quote: AJGO @ May 16 2012, 12:01 AM BST

Pourquoi?

Um, Pourmoi? Does that work?

Landanahs.

I keep expecting Cockney Wankah to turn up with a couple of Pearly Kings . . .

Quote: Oldrocker @ May 16 2012, 12:09 AM BST

Landanahs.

I keep expecting Cockney Wankah to turn up with a couple of Pearly Kings . . .

I see. Dreadfully sorry for being born somewhere.