British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 803

Booyah!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17975660

And what price the Sarkosy/Bruni marriage ending before 2012 is out?

:( Expect ferry rail airport strikes!

Yeah Man City! :D

Quote: KLRiley @ May 6 2012, 7:56 PM BST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17975660

And what price the Sarkosy/Bruni marriage ending before 2012 is out?

If she reverts to her flighty ways I do a passable Jagger impression (channeling Phil Cornwall).

From the Mail website:

"The ugly truth: Katherine Heigl hits the gym in unflattering workout trousers.

I know it's horrific, but I decided to upload a picture of this shocking photograph, because the story is of such public importance.

I'm very glad the Mail journalists have brought this story to our attention, because without them I'd have never noticed that those trousers were unflattering.

There are just no words.

Really, the Daily Mail needs to end. Now.

Quote: Nogget @ May 7 2012, 7:09 AM BST

From the Mail website:

"The ugly truth: Katherine Heigl hits the gym in unflattering workout trousers.

I know it's horrific, but I decided to upload a picture of this shocking photograph, because the story is of such public importance.

I'm very glad the Mail journalists have brought this story to our attention, because without them I'd have never noticed that those trousers were unflattering.

Why do women buy this paper when it is so completely anti-women? Surely it could be shut down under some of the hate crime laws?

Quote: KLRiley @ May 7 2012, 10:34 AM BST

Why do women buy this paper when it is so completely anti-women? Surely it could be shut down under some of the hate crime laws?

Women, I'm afraid, are often their own worst enemies.

Personally, I think the Mail is worse than the News of the Screws - at least that made no bones about the fact that it was a comic.
A lot of people ( many, many women included) think they're reading serious journalism when they buy this rag.
Pretending it's not a red-top has been brilliant strategy.

Quote: Lazzard @ May 7 2012, 11:15 AM BST

A lot of people ( many, many women included) think they're reading serious journalism when they buy this rag.

I don't know about that.
I don't know anyone personally who buys it, but I still would have thought they were aware it's not exactly the Telegraph. Surely?

I scan through it online occasionally, more for novelty value. If anything interesting happens, say some plane has crashed or someone's been horribly murdered, the Mail will probably be the only news outlet that publishes the pictures. And pleasant to admit it or not, I'm afraid I sometimes want to see them.

I try to scan past the bullshit woman hating stuff though. As the existence of that much bile is soul destroying.

WOW! Someone went to the gym, dressed in gym clothes? Goodness Gracious what was she thinking.
The thing is if she had "dressed up" they would have written something along the lines of how vain and not normal she is. Not even sure why they feel the need to show it in the first place. I know she's a famous actress but that doesn't mean we need to see pictures of her going about her day.

Quote: Lazzard @ May 7 2012, 11:15 AM BST

Women, I'm afraid, are often their own worst enemies.

Personally, I think the Mail is worse than the News of the Screws - at least that made no bones about the fact that it was a comic.
Pretending it's not a red-top has been brilliant strategy.

Sorry but anyone who thinks celebrity gossip is serious journalism needs to have their head read.

Quote: reds @ May 7 2012, 12:21 PM BST

Sorry but anyone who thinks celebrity gossip is serious journalism needs to have their copy proofread.

Quote: KLRiley @ May 7 2012, 10:34 AM BST

Why do women buy this paper when it is so completely anti-women?

Or any of those magazines, like 'Heat', which seem to revel in highlighting women's physical 'faults'. Horrible.

Quote: Marc P @ May 7 2012, 12:28 PM BST

Sorry but anyone who thinks celebrity gossip is serious journalism needs to have their copy proofread.

Have fixed it up now. I'm going to blame it on lack of sleep.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 7 2012, 12:34 PM BST

Or any of those magazines, like 'Heat', which seem to revel in highlighting women's physical 'faults'. Horrible.

Oh I don't know . . the 'What Were You Thinking Of?' feature is quite good, er, I mean, well, so my daughters tell me . . never seen it myself you understand . . well I might have once . . or twice . no more than that though . . . .

Quote: zooo @ May 7 2012, 12:12 PM BST

I don't know about that.
I don't know anyone personally who buys it, but I still would have thought they were aware it's not exactly the Telegraph. Surely?

No, but a lot of them think they are reading something a cut above the RedTops.