British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 941

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 3 2012, 11:58 PM BST

My main complaint was to do with idiots on Facebook demanding that I find a woman, whom I've never met and doesn't look all that great, as being beautiful

You know you can just ignore things, right? Glance at a Facebook post, not care, and move on?? Whistling nnocently

Quote: DaButt @ May 4 2012, 5:37 AM BST

"Fiends" is probably a Freudian slip. That said, RC sounds like the kind of guy most men would like to hang out with. No gay stuff, of course.

Thanks dude, like yourself, I have no shortage of friends and it's only lack of cash that stops me from going out three or four nights a week. And probably to most people's amazement, I do have female friends also and even some foreigns - it's almost as if my real life has very little to do with how I behave on the BCG.

:O

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 4 2012, 1:12 PM BST

You know you can just ignore things, right? Glance at a Facebook post, not care, and move on?? Whistling nnocently

You know that most of the things I post in 'Things That Piss You Off', don't actually piss me off but I use them as a springboard to spark a discussion and stimulate debate?

You like it when the comedy people on the Roadshows get angry over normal things, so why not when I do it? (don't answer that!)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 4 2012, 1:17 PM BST

You know that most of the things I post in 'Things That Piss You Off', don't actually piss me off but I use them as a springboard to spark a discussion and stimulate debate?

You provide a vital service!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 4 2012, 1:19 PM BST

You provide a vital service!

Damn straight! Imagine a BCG without my 'wisdom' - people getting along, women talking about cats, zooo not having to use the 'roll eyes' icon 20 times a day, it would be a paradise shambles.

Laughing out loud Renergade I love you, so predictable, run to the 'moderators'.

Interesting that you 'isolate' me for this particular treatment?

Why cannot you argue your case here? I do not mind at all, sorry for being opinionated, but another 6 mnths of your diatribes has led me to despair I'm afraid.

A lot of people find YOU offensive ,sorry, but you need to know that truth.

Maybe people think things of me, but always crude/misogynistic NO.

I have had PMs from people saying the same.

Well this is 'things that piss you off'; also I think when people have not met in person, it makes a difference to how one treats a person 'online'.

I have not had the pleasure of meeting you, maybe we would get on great, please don't get aggressive about me disagreeing with you, it was', 'tongue in cheek';and thought you would argue back .

Suprised that you are so 'laid back' -then get defensive and reactionary enough to try to banish me? a tad excessive Renergade.

I do wonder if you should live in China, maybe you can swiftly silence all opposition Whistling nnocently . Have a nice day.

Hello all *waves*

Best thing for all to do is not get riled up by people on the 'net. Everyone likes to push buttons - get a reaction, and it's good when you get a reaction, whether funny, agreement, disagreement etc... best thing to do is ignore the posts of the person who annoys you. That's what I do. ;)

:) Yes, really do agree with that sentiment, sorry should have done that.

Quote: L.E. @ May 4 2012, 1:28 PM BST

Hello all *waves*

Best thing for all to do is not get riled up by people on the 'net. Everyone likes to push buttons - get a reaction, and it's good when you get a reaction, whether funny, agreement, disagreement etc... best thing to do is ignore the posts of the person who annoys you. That's what I do. ;)

You're a fine one to talk! One minute we're married the next your shagging some bloke from the office/next door/Asda's. And I'm supposed to take it all lying down! Huh!

A couple of smilies do not offset calling someone a moron and a misogynist. There's really no place here for personal attacks, but if you attack someone then you should be prepared to be attacked in kind.

Quote: dellas @ May 4 2012, 1:25 PM BST

Laughing out loud Renergade I love you, so predictable, run to the 'moderators'.

Interesting that you 'isolate' me for this particular treatment?

Why cannot you argue your case here? I do not mind at all, sorry for being opinionated, but another 6 mnths of your diatribes has led me to despair I'm afraid.

A lot of people find YOU offensive ,sorry, but you need to know that truth.

Maybe people think things of me, but always crude/misogynistic NO.

I have had PMs from people saying the same.

Well this is 'things that piss you off'; also I think when people have not met in person, it makes a difference to how one treats a person 'online'.

I have not had the pleasure of meeting you, maybe we would get on great, please don't get aggressive about me disagreeing with you, it was', 'tongue in cheek';and thought you would argue back .

Suprised that you are so 'laid back' -then get defensive and reactionary enough to try to banish me? a tad excessive Renergade.

I do wonder if you should live in China, maybe you can swiftly silence all opposition Whistling nnocently . Have a nice day.

You really don't learn, do you? The reason I keep bringing up the Mods and your behaviour is that I don't want the BCG to turn into a forum where personal insults are constantly thrown around, as it makes for a very horrible environment.

What you fail to realise, is that I could easily descend to your level, but I hold back as it would be such a one sided fight, my victory would be pyrrhic at best. If you think I can be cruel and cutting about people I don't know, then you really haven't seen me at my worst.

So I will leave the next course of action entirely in your hands - either you modify your behaviour, I report you to the Mods or I come up with creatively vicious prose, so vindictive and poisonous, that it will drive you to tears and most likely, from the BCG for good.

Have a nice day.

:) Yes Dabutt, that was my sentiment, attack me back here, not bothered, but He did'nt do it, just proffered veiled threats.

I love a verbal spat, have no problems arguing my case, I dare say you are a bit predjudiced being a fervent supporter of Renergade, and being a bit of the testo-man thang.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 4 2012, 1:49 PM BST

So I will leave the next course of action entirely in your hands - either you modify your behaviour, I report you to the Mods or I come up with creatively vicious prose, so vindictive and poisonous, that it will drive you to tears and most likely, from the BCG for good.

[grabs some popcorn instead of settling in for a nap before the alarm goes off]

Quote: dellas @ May 4 2012, 1:53 PM BST

I dare say you are a bit predjudiced being a fervent supporter of Renergade, and being a bit of the testo-man thang.

On a scale of 1 to 10:

Supporter of RC: 7
Annoyed by your posts: 11

I'm too lazy to search, but I think I remember you dropping hints about cleaning up the place by getting rid of people? My sincere apologies if it was someone else.

:) Renergade NO references to my post at all? tried to explain my reasons.

Your reply was ignorant and vindictive, hiding behind the veiled 'threat' of moderators? when will you learn to stand on your own two feet and discuss this privately?... I am sure the moderators do not wish to become involved in this rather pathetic nonsense, you 'Big girls blouse' Laughing out loud

Quote: dellas @ May 4 2012, 2:14 PM BST

when will you learn to stand on your own two feet and discuss this privately?

You've called him a moron and a misogynist numerous times in a public forum, so it's understandable if he prefers to use that same venue to defend himself.

Quote: DaButt @ May 4 2012, 1:44 PM BST

A couple of smilies do not offset calling someone a moron and a misogynist. There's really no place here for personal attacks, but if you attack someone then you should be prepared to be attacked in kind.

Agree - but then what is better - everyone taking a stand against someone by ignoring them, or pages and pages of back and forth nonsense going over the same tired subject?

I say, move on and ignore.