British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 937

A fine show from the 90s where L7 threw tampons, toe nails were eaten and Terry Christian was born.

God they had a Word retrospective last year.

I am so f**king old.

Quote: sootyj @ May 2 2012, 10:26 PM BST

A fine show from the 90s where L7 threw tampons, toe nails were eaten and Terry Christian was born.

God they had a Word retrospective last year.

I am so f**king old.

:D

For the umpteenth time - Zoe bloody Williams with her lank hair and big fat knees which she insists on thrusting at us.

What is she on where you see her knees?

Quote: Marc P @ May 2 2012, 10:24 PM BST

Go on then. What's your definition of the word?

Enjoy or beauty?... If that's a genuine question I'd be happy to discuss it. If it's yet another attempt to show how 'clever' you are and snigger behind your hand for the amusement of three or four people on here who's validation you crave...don't bother. It bores me.

Sky - press review. She 's such an arse.

And her stripey top is hideous.

Quote: rwayne @ May 2 2012, 11:46 PM BST

Enjoy or beauty?... If that's a genuine question I'd be happy to discuss it. If it's yet another attempt to show how 'clever' you are and snigger behind your hand for the amusement of three or four people on here who's validation you crave...don't bother. It bores me.

It's a genuine question.

Quote: keewik @ May 2 2012, 11:52 PM BST

Sky - press review. She 's such an arse.

And her stripey top is hideous.

Emma Kennedy?
I thought she was good.

I couldn't see the photo at work, but from the way some were talking I assumed she was going to look like Bella Emberg painted by Lucien Freud.

She is rather cute and in the seventeenth century would have been considered quite the fox:

Beyond the obvious, such as symmetry, ideas of beauty are culturally relative and are usually reflections of wealth and status. In the middle ages pale skin was valued in a woman because it indicated that she did not spend her time out in the sun labouring; in the days before affordable air travel a suntan was the height of chic because it showed you could run to holidays in the sun. In pre-tourism Polynesia it was considered desirable to be size 30, because it showed you could get plenty of food; I am not sure what todays obsession with airbrushed gym bunnies means - perhaps the subconscious perception that they have money and leisure to blow on nailbars and heath centre memberships.

Quote: Tursiops @ May 3 2012, 9:43 AM BST

She is rather cute and in the seventeenth century would have been considered quite the fox:

I thought I heard someone eating out of my bins last night.

Quote: Tursiops @ May 3 2012, 9:43 AM BST

She is rather cute and in the seventeenth century would have been considered quite the fox

Beyond the obvious, such as symmetry, ideas of beauty are culturally relative and are usually reflections of wealth and status. In the middle ages pale skin was valued in a woman because it indicated that she did not spend her time out in the sun labouring; in the days before affordable air travel a suntan was the height of chic because it showed you could run to holidays in the sun. In pre-tourism Polynesia it was considered desirable to be size 30, because it showed you could get plenty of food; I am not sure what todays obsession with airbrushed gym bunnies means - perhaps the subconscious perception that they have money and leisure to blow on nailbars and heath centre memberships.

Quite. And is she really size 22? She doesn't look that big to me

Can't really see 'cos of that pesky sign!
Often people say they are a certain size, and I think they look nothing like it.

Quote: zooo @ May 3 2012, 4:17 PM BST

Can't really see 'cos of that pesky sign!
Often people say they are a certain size, and I think they look nothing like it.

I'm tempted to recreate this picture and you guys can guess what size I am. Won't bother with the sign though.

Quote: L.E. @ May 3 2012, 5:04 PM BST

I'm tempted to recreate this picture and you guys can guess what size I am. Won't bother with the sign though.

Phwoar. :$

If L.E. poses in the nip, then you'll see my beautiful size 2 grow into a glorious size 22 3. :(