British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 932

Sshh. Stop giving them hints.

Quote: sootyj @ April 29 2012, 5:14 PM BST

So basically all AQ et al have to do is buy a cheap portable anti aircraft missile. And bring down a jet down really anywhere around London.

That has been many a plot for film, book and television show. I can only presume it hasn't been done so far for logistical reasons.

It's one thing to buy loads of fertilizer from B&Q, quite another to bring a heat seeking anti-aircraft missile into London. I had to hand mine in last time I went through Luton.

If they read the Sunday Times they have all the hints they need.

I hear they're planning to flood BCG with crap scripts and rubbish oportunities.

But I think RC has hit the nail on the head, all this bloody individualisation drives me up the wall.

I only don't care what every one else thinks, nor do I think they should care what I think.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 29 2012, 5:18 PM BST

That has been many a plot for film, book and television show. I can only presume it hasn't been done so far for logistical reasons.

It's one thing to buy loads of fertilizer from B&Q, quite another to bring a heat seeking anti-aircraft missile into London. I had to hand mine in last time I went through Luton.

They tried it in Nairobi and used an underpowered out dated SAM 7, now China, Iran and DPRK make knock off versions of the Stinger its far easier.

At the moment most of the AQ in the UK are mopy greengrocers sons and loud mouthed idiot cripples.

That may well change closer to the Olympics.

;) A drone would do.

Arrest Bertie Wooster imediately!

I don't know why they've bothered telling anyone in advance. I would have assumed they'd just get on with it quietly.

Who'd tell who what?

It's sadly after the Munich olympics. When they tried to make it a sort of peace games, with unarmed wardens instead of guards.

Ended up with one of the worlds worst terrorist outrages that reveberated around the world for decades.

So ever since the games have needed billion pound security. A tragic example of terror winning.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ April 29 2012, 10:57 AM BST

Some, repeat, some, elderly drivers... they should really pack it in. Had one reverse out without looking the other day, had to grab my son out of the way. I see this more and more, driving dead slow, which can be as bloody dangerous as driving too fast, and generally being fumbling hazards.

DVLA advice

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverSafety/DG_195006

Telling all the residents they're installing the missile wotsit. Just do it.

True.

Till CND and the Greenham women made a fuss the USAF were trundling nuclear missiles around the English countryside when ever they felt like it.

The thing is, when they initially talked about hosting the Olympics here, I don't remember them mentioning that they'd have to put missile launchers on people's heads.

It's why we got the Olympics.

France wanted to put torpedoes in everyones pants.

Quote: sootyj @ April 29 2012, 6:25 PM BST

France wanted to put torpedoes in everyones pants.

What sort of paedos?

Quote: Nogget @ April 29 2012, 10:30 AM BST

The word "shwop".

Most ridiculous advert ever.

Plus donated clothes are destroying clothing industries in poor African countries, whilst making charities a little money and international traders loads.

Zimbabwe is so sick of this they've banned the sale of second hand bras and underpants as demeaning the national dignity.