Things that piss you off Page 930

Quote: DaButt @ April 25 2012, 1:48 PM BST

Laughing out loud

The word "shwop".

People getting on airplanes with too much hand luggage

getting on airplanes

getting off airplanes

being on airplanes

going with my three young children to a Mc drive-thru only to be told that I have to drive thru, park up and wait for our food. What's the point of that?

Flying.

Some, repeat, some, elderly drivers... they should really pack it in. Had one reverse out without looking the other day, had to grab my son out of the way. I see this more and more, driving dead slow, which can be as bloody dangerous as driving too fast, and generally being fumbling hazards.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ April 29 2012, 10:57 AM BST

Some, repeat, some, elderly drivers... they should really pack it in. Had one reverse out without looking the other day, had to grab my son out of the way. I see this more and more, driving dead slow, which can be as bloody dangerous as driving too fast, and generally being fumbling hazards.

There was some bloke on R4 the other day who was developing SatNavs for old people.
One of the settings was 'minimize right turns' - the reason being that old people don't like making right turns because they worry about misjudging the speed of oncoming traffic.
Surely that's time to hang up the old driving gloves?

I heard about that, and the satnav would give you landmarks instead of road names...turn left when you get the Post Office, then second right after Budgens!

Quote: Lazzard @ April 29 2012, 11:10 AM BST

Needs to be looked into for sure, I'd say there should be a cut off age where the test has to be retaken, So many changes on the roads since the days when people of a certain age took their test, it's ludicrous to expect them to be able to negotiate the roads safely without an update on their skills. There comes a time though, when you're just too old to drive safely, but without a law, who's going to have awareness and common sense to willingly give up their licence?

Personally I'd make driving a professional skill for professional drivers.

Pensioners are bad but so are f**k wits speeding in built up areas, agressive twats driving SUVs who can't see the road, shit boxes packed full of Christians off to shout at Jesus, boy racers, girl racers, people on mobile phones.

Actually the last one. I bloody know one of those arseholes in a white van yacking into a mobi is gonna be what does for Sootyj.

I like seeing the drivers who hold the phone to their ear with one hand, and wave the other hand around to make their point.

Quote: sootyj @ April 29 2012, 11:30 AM BST

Pensioners are bad but so are f**k wits speeding in built up areas, agressive twats driving SUVs who can't see the road, shit boxes packed full of Christians off to shout at Jesus, boy racers, girl racers, people on mobile phones.

Yep.

Quote: Lazzard @ April 29 2012, 11:10 AM BST

Public transport is not really something to wish on the frail and elderly.

I have recently adopted an elderlyesque approach to driving, tootling along at a speed to please myself and being philosophical about being late; it makes for cheaper and less stressful motoring, but it has made me notice how many angry arseholes there are on the road heading for an early appointment with a heartache.

The sentences handed out for dangerous driving, even when people are killed tend towards the absurdly lenient.

Adie Grey said (or rather sang) it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrROj_PR0HM

Tursiops I worry about anyone who takes advice from people wearing tye died flood pants.

They weren't great, were they? I could not find the original recording by Adie (who would ever commit such a fashion faux pas).

Quote: sootyj @ April 29 2012, 11:46 AM BST

Tursiops I worry about anyone who takes advice from people wearing tye died flood pants.

People have worn ridiculous trousers throughout history, and are still wearing them to this day.