British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 929

I'm really, really pissed off with the '118 118' adverts. Not so much the actual adverts, they're as irritating as the next one.

But it's the thought of someone getting paid to write the first thing that comes into their head and have it shown on telly. Some Ad Exec is getting six figures a year to 'write' these scripts. He must be the same fanny fart who's responsible for the completely unfunny Argos Aliens.

In comparison, the Fosters Funny Australian Surf-tards are friggin' Morecambe and Wise.

Quote: DaButt @ April 24 2012, 11:34 PM BST

Same with Americans. I don't know how Americanized he's become over the years but I've never heard an American with that name pronounce it any other way than Murdock.

I don 't care how Americanised he's become. The fact remains, it's a Scottish name and is not pronounced MurdoCK. anybody can pronounce 'ch' properly if they try.

Quote: keewik @ April 25 2012, 12:08 AM BST

I don 't care how Americanised he's become. The fact remains, it's a Scottish name and is not pronounced MurdoCK. anybody can pronounce 'ch' properly if they try.

Look - we don't take the piss out of the way you jocks talk.

anybody can pronounce 'ch' properly if they try.

They can also cover it in phlegm and call it a language - like the Welsh. Or better yet, they can properly call it a Lake if they try.

Whistling nnocently

Can you try to write the phonetic pronounciation?! I think I say 'ck' and 'ch' differently, but I have a well dodgy accent

Tutors who put the reading list for the next class on line less than twelve hours before the class and then don't both giving the name of the author or the title of the article so it takes two sodding hours to find the stuff.

Back in my day I distributed a handbook complete with full references and Internet links at the start of the module... Can't get the staff today... (Riley meanders off muttering darkly),

Hey my famed Birckbeck screen writing course?

By the end I was the only non degree student who had to be there.

And even then I was only there so I could stick it on my elance profile.

Load of rubbish.

:( I don't like the Argos Aliens or ruddy Go Compare!

I like the Go Compare guy.

Having to work - when other people sit at home not working playing the system.

Have you been listening to that nasty Mr Osbourne again?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 25 2012, 12:17 AM BST

They can also cover it in phlegm and call it a language - like the Welsh. O

Whistling nnocently

I phlegm in your general direction.

Quote: L.E. @ April 25 2012, 11:25 AM BST

Having to work - when other people sit at home not working playing the system.

Quote: KLRiley @ April 25 2012, 7:20 AM BST

Back in my day I distributed a handbook complete with full references and Internet links at the start of the module... Can't get the staff today... (Riley meanders off muttering darkly),

Internet links? You were privileged.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 24 2012, 11:50 PM BST

I'm really, really pissed off with the '118 118' adverts. Not so much the actual adverts, they're as irritating as the next one.

But it's the thought of someone getting paid to write the first thing that comes into their head and have it shown on telly. Some Ad Exec is getting six figures a year to 'write' these scripts. He must be the same fanny fart who's responsible for the completely unfunny Argos Aliens.

In comparison, the Fosters Funny Australian Surf-tards are friggin' Morecambe and Wise.

To be honest they may not appeal to a nuanced comedy bon viveur like yourself.

But writing for a knuckle dragging simpleton is the real trick.