British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 794

Quote: sootyj @ April 21 2012, 1:22 PM BST

He turns up every 2 weeks and expects you to sort the trash out yourself.

Surely they pick up more frequently than that? We get 2 trucks each week but one of them is just for recyclables and I don't participate because I hate people and want everyone to die.

We have about 3 separate lorries come with all the different recycling and rubbish collections. I think some come every week and some every 2 weeks.

But every area in the whole country has it different.

Quote: DaButt @ April 21 2012, 1:52 PM BST

and I don't participate because I hate people and want everyone to die.

Laughing out loud

I saw on the News yesterday that some guy had his watch nicked in the street in London. Not beaten up, they pretended to shake his hand and snatched it off. Totally Derren Brown'd him.

The watch was worth £100,000.

Now of course we should be outraged at these people, they're scum, but my biggest feeling was 'a 100,000 pound watch?! F**k that guy!' I can't even get my head around what point you get to in life where you think it's reasonable to spend so much money on something like that.

Yeah, when you think how much rent that would pay for a normal person (let alone how much food for an entire third world village) that is pretty obscene.

But then, if you've got that much to spare, why not spend it on whatever you want...

I dunno.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 21 2012, 2:48 PM BST

I saw on the News yesterday that some guy had his watch nicked in the street in London. Not beaten up, they pretended to shake his hand and snatched it off. Totally Derren Brown'd him.

The watch was worth £100,000.

Now of course we should be outraged at these people, they're scum, but my biggest feeling was 'a 100,000 pound watch?! F**k that guy!' I can't even get my head around what point you get to in life where you think it's reasonable to spend so much money on something like that.

If you ever figure it out let me know. I think I would want to be a millionare many many times over before justifying spending that much on a watch.

I don't think I ever would either. I like shiny sparkly diamonds as much as the next person (presumably that was why the watch was so expensive?) but you can get amazing stuff without it being that much money. Surely the only reason to get something like that is to show it off to people? Which is just weird.

Possibly to him it wasn't even an excess. His rich pals probably have million pound watches made of God's own tears.

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2012, 3:20 PM BST

I don't think I ever would either. I like shiny sparkly diamonds as much as the next person (presumably that was why the watch was so expensive?) but you can get amazing stuff without it being that much money. Surely the only reason to get something like that is to show it off to people? Which is just weird.

Possibly to him it wasn't even an excess. His rich pals probably have million pound watches made of God's own tears.

Most of the time I can't even tell the difference between an expensive shiny thing and a cheap shiny thing.

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2012, 12:55 PM BST

They should build proper cycle lanes totally separate from roads. They should all be nice and quiet and surrounded by leafy trees, with squirrels eating little nuts on the grassy verges and birds flying above you, singing. I would then use a bike.

I think they used to have those, built in about 1066, and they were so popular with courting couples on bikes and the consequences that they got called BRIDAL paths, but then bikes dropped out of fashion and horses became fashionable & the courting couples used to lead their horses while they chatted, so the lanes got renamed BRIDLE paths.

Angelic Cool

:D

Just saw on the news they are thinking of changing the name of Big Ben to name it after The Queen.

Not quite. Big Ben is the bell. The tower is called St Stephens tower, that's the bit they want to change.

Hey fella what do you call your willy?

Quote: bigfella @ April 22 2012, 6:52 AM BST

Not quite. Big Ben is the bell. The tower is called St Stephens tower, that's the bit they want to change.

:D

How many tourists view it each year?

Big Ben or my gentleman area?

Quote: reds @ April 22 2012, 3:21 AM BST

Just saw on the news they are thinking of changing the name of Big Ben to name it after The Queen.

Big Queen doesn't quite have the same ring.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4271801/Pensioner-kills-monster-rat.html

Now that is big.

(Not a very nice end for the poor rat though) :(