British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 793

:D He might! We don't know his views on squirrels and birds.

I am too scared to ride a bike on any road, let alone in the middle of London.
They just need to widen the pavements and have half of it for bikes, simple.

Yeh its crazy expecting cyclists to share the same road space with cars. Of course cyclists are more agressive when they're at such a risky dsiadvantage.

And some selfish wheeled knobber blocking bus lanes is literally holding up 100s of others

Quote: DaButt @ April 21 2012, 1:00 PM BST

You shouldn't be bothered by people bashing or poking fun at liberals since it's really no different or worse than joking about right wing nuts or bashing tories.

It is, it's much worse. Unless they're liberal nuts. Anyone who goes too far one way is worth mocking.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 21 2012, 1:09 PM BST

It is, it's much worse.

Not at all. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Quote: DaButt @ April 21 2012, 1:12 PM BST

Not at all. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Well I was putting the term 'Liberal' up against 'Right Wing Nuts'; one has the word nuts in it! Clearly worse.

Quote: sootyj @ April 20 2012, 5:17 PM BST

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2012/04/19/15246/gervais_accused_of_anti-semitism

Now this annoys me.

An Anne Frank joke maybe considered a bit dated and not in the best taste. But it isn't antisemitic per se and to response with being racist about the English is just assinine.

Gervais is also embroiled in a theft scandal targeting elderly Jews.

One victim Mr L David is helping police identify several valuable items of material that had turned up in Gervais's scripts.

Worst defence for bisexual bestiality ever.

Quote: youngian @ April 21 2012, 1:13 PM BST

Gervais is also embroiled in a theft scandal targeting elderly Jews.

One victim Mr L David is helping police identify several valuable items of material that had turned up in Gervais's scripts.

Mr L David's popular series 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' is itself being looked at closely by Gary Shandling's Lawyers. (And back, and back. As though comedians are influenced by things that came before.)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 21 2012, 12:57 PM BST

I can't believe anyone in London rides a bike; the traffic is terrible, every other driver an arse, you're in constant danger of being knocked off; and it seems that half the people on bikes, despite all this obvious danger, are idiots and don't wear a helmet.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this point Der Stott.

As for the liberals comment, it's because they would be the only ones stupid enough to actually complain to the Government about what the boss of Addison Lee said and demand a utopian cycle based xanadu. I would imagine that the right wingers would know the vulnerable situation they are in on the roads and just pragmatically accept it.

London is built on a medieval street plan and short of knocking down historic buildings, there's no way of re-zoning the streets to accomodate all forms of road traffic. Cyclists have only become prevalent over the last two decades and they don't pay any road tax, so their claim on the streets is tenuous at best.

Quote: youngian @ April 21 2012, 1:13 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 21 2012, 1:17 PM BST

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this point Der Stott.

As for the liberals comment, it's because they would be the only ones stupid enough to actually complain to the Government about what the boss of Addison Lee said and demand a utopian cycle based xanadu. I would imagine that the right wingers would know the vulnerable situation they are in on the roads and just pragmatically accept it.

London is built on a medieval street plan and short of knocking down historic buildings, there's no way of re-zoning the streets to accomodate all forms of road traffic. Cyclists have only become prevalent over the last two decades and they don't pay any road tax, so their claim on the streets is tenuous at best.

Laughing out loud

Wasn't he the fella spending £250,000 to have an Angel Delight with call me Dave as well as selling his services cheaply to MPs?

Consistency man!

Quote: sootyj @ April 21 2012, 1:18 PM BST

Consistency man!

Rubbish superhero.

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2012, 1:20 PM BST

Rubbish superhero.

Garbage collection man.

He turns up every 2 weeks and expects you to sort the trash out yourself.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 21 2012, 1:13 PM BST

Well I was putting the term 'Liberal' up against 'Right Wing Nuts'; one has the word nuts in it!

When it comes to labeling others, most people will assume that their leanings are correct and moderate while the people on the opposite side of the aisle are extreme and just plain wrong. A guy who will kill a lumberjack to save a tree thinks he's a rational actor doing a good deed but he'll see an old lady who is opposed to abortion due to religious reasons as a fascist extremist. And vice-versa.

Quote: DaButt @ April 21 2012, 1:35 PM BST

When it comes to labeling others, most people will assume that their leanings are correct and moderate while the people on the opposite side of the aisle are extreme and just plain wrong. A guy who will kill a lumberjack to save a tree thinks he's a rational actor doing a good deed but he'll see an old lady who is opposed to abortion due to religious reasons as a fascist extremist. And vice-versa.

Yeah, I know.

Quote: DaButt @ April 21 2012, 1:35 PM BST

That's definetly true. I think that in some situations there is not a clear answer as to which is the correct opinion. Your opinion on some issues can often be based on life experiences you've had. Someone else may have had a different experience to you and that has caused them to come to the opposite view to the one you hold.