British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 781

Quote: DaButt @ April 16 2012, 2:42 PM BST

Not sure what a battery farm is but when was the last time you saw a deer farm, an elk farm, a caribou farm, a quail farm, a pheasant farm, etc?

Do you feel the same way about fishing? It's essentially the same as hunting but it involves driving a pointed barb through the fish's face and letting it gasp for a few minutes before cutting its head off.

Fishing is OK if you're going to eat it. Otherwise yes - I am against it as barbaric.

Try to keep up with the current topic. It's about hunting.

I already covered hunting in my previous rant about how all liberals are the same and extremely boring.

There's no point getting into a protracted argument with people who can't stand the sight of blood, believe Disney films are real and lack even the most basic survival skills.

Just do what I do - wait in your bunker until the zombies attack and then crown yourself king of New Dallas.

Quote: Chappers @ April 16 2012, 2:48 PM BST

Fishing is OK if you're going to eat it.

So why hunting for food bad if fishing for food is acceptable?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 16 2012, 2:52 PM BST

I already covered hunting in my previous rant

I used the word "current" in attempt to take part in your battery puns. Guess I failed.

Quote: DaButt @ April 16 2012, 2:56 PM BST

Guess I failed.

Your joke was a bit flat.

Not sure what a battery farm is

Not sure what Chapper's point was; battery farms are widely considered to be cruel.

"introduction of the European Union Council Directive 1999/74/EC[3] which, due to welfare concerns, effectively banned conventional battery cages in the EU from January 2012, means the number of eggs from battery cages in the EU states is rapidly decreasing."

An antidote to the previous pic.
One of our chickens.

Quote: Nogget @ April 16 2012, 3:00 PM BST

Not sure what Chapper's point was; battery farms are widely considered to be cruel.

I can only imagine that he meant to say intensive or widespread farming of livestock rather then battery farms. I think his point was that because we've pretty much wiped out every large predator in this country and have enslaved wild animals to the point of making them docile enough for us to walk up to and hit over the head, that hunting should be banned as an outmoded practice.

Much in the same way that by inventing cars means no one should ride a horse ever. I mean, how cruel and barbaric is that - branding, horse shoes, fat chicks, etc.

Quote: Lazzard @ April 16 2012, 3:09 PM BST

One of our chickens.

You mean one of our egg slaves!

(looks delicious)

Quote: Chappers @ April 16 2012, 2:29 PM BST

And respect? F**k me! How can you respect something and then kill it?

Yes, that makes no sense whatsoever. Sorry. Load of bollocks.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 16 2012, 3:13 PM BST

You mean one of our egg slaves!

(looks delicious)

As long as it's providing breakfast, it isn't dinner.

Quote: zooo @ April 16 2012, 3:15 PM BST

Yeah, like those wildlife experts who have to cull herds of animals so they don't overpopulate and starve to death. Or those so called government experts killing animals to stop them spreading mad cow disease or foot and mouth. And anyone who takes their pet to a vet to have it put down because it's 'suffering'.

They are the biggest load of bollocks.

Quote: zooo @ April 16 2012, 3:15 PM BST

Vets respect and love animals yet they kill thousands every day. Doctors love children but abort untold numbers of them every day. Is it really all that difficult, then, to come to grips with the fact that hunters respect the species that they kill in legally licensed hunts that are supervised by biologists and conservationists in order to ensure a healthy and sustainable population of game animals?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 16 2012, 3:31 PM BST

Yeah, like those wildlife experts who have to cull herds of animals so they don't overpopulate and starve to death. Or those so called government experts killing animals to stop them spreading mad cow disease or foot and mouth. And anyone who takes their pet to a vet to have it put down because it's 'suffering'.

They are the biggest load of bollocks.

Lol, yes putting down a pet in great pain is showing exactly the same amount of respect as a person who shoots elephants for laughs.

The level of idiocy you are willing to show on this board is sometimes quite staggering.

Quote: DaButt @ April 16 2012, 3:31 PM BST

Vets respect and love animals yet they kill thousands every day. Doctors love children but abort untold numbers of them every day. Is it really all that difficult, then, to come to grips with the fact that hunters respect the species that they kill in legally licensed hunts that are supervised by biologists and conservationists in order to ensure a healthy and sustainable population of game animals?

Yes. Those things are nothing alike. Legality has little to do with morality.

Quote: zooo @ April 16 2012, 3:33 PM BST

The amount of idiocy you are willing to show on this board is sometimes quite staggering.

You said that anyone who respects animals can't kill them. Full stop. The end.

Now you're saying something different.

I'm sorry for being such an idiot.

Unimpressed

Er, no I didn't.

I'm saying that suggesting that all hunters have great respect for animals is mawkish rubbish.

Quote: DaButt @ April 16 2012, 3:31 PM BST

i

It's still uncivilised. You always see these f**king arseholes grinning with their trophies. "Oooh - aren't I macho man because I've blasted a poor defenceless animal to death with my bazooka!"