British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 921

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 15 2012, 8:22 PM BST

Accidentally caught a bit of the Titanic Memorial service on BBC..

Accidentally caught a bit..

Accidentally..

Yeah right. You don't fool me, RC™.

Were you watching it simultaneously with your "Crash" DVD on the other TV screen on the ceiling above your bed?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ April 15 2012, 9:26 PM BST

Yeah right. You don't fool me, RC™.

I fool everyone. Cool

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 15 2012, 9:41 PM BST

I annoy everyone. Cool

;)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 15 2012, 9:41 PM BST

zooo smells like plop-plops

:P

Laughing out loud

[quote name="Renegade Carpark" post="869097" date="April 15 2012, 8:22 PM BST"
How can you shed tears for someone you don't know from 100 years ago? The world has gone mad.

[/quote]
How old are you RC, how far backwards from birth to get a relative from a close relative who could possibly have been involved. I am guessing grandfather/mother.

Quote: Marc P @ April 15 2012, 10:14 PM BST

How old are you RC, how far backwards from birth to get a relative from a close relative who could possibly have been involved. I am guessing grandfather/mother.

The only problem with that analogy, is that a lot of the bods on the Titanic died young, their grand children and possibly even their children probably didn't even know them that well and if they did, they would have mourned their loss at the time.

Considering there were a thousand people who lost their lives on the Titanic and bearing in mind that their children are most likely dead now, it doesn't leave a lot of mourners.

But if Sally May Pignuts from Iowa wants to dress up in her Little Britain costume and cry her eyes out over someone she only knew from a black and white photograph, who am I to criticise? Oh wait, I'm me, f**k 'em.

Does it 'piss you off' though?

Quote: rwayne @ April 15 2012, 11:37 PM BST

Does it 'piss you off' though?

Everything pisses me off, but people bursting into tears on cue is really depressing - from the idiots on the Titanic fun tour of death to North Korean mourners to reality show contestants - I'd give them all something real to cry about.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 15 2012, 11:43 PM BST

Everything pisses me off, but people bursting into tears on cue is really depressing - from the idiots on the Titanic fun tour of death to North Korean mourners to reality show contestants - I'd give them all something real to cry about.

You see where I'm going though, don't you?

You are, presumably, having a real emotional response to people, with whom you have no connection at all. They make you angry. It is though a common way with
people, nowadays, it seems.

TV, internet, instant access to everything and people believe they have some kind of relationship with people on screens. From queuing to sign books for Lady Di to travelling to boo a stranger being evicted from a boring house.

Instant gratification is all the rage. People on 'faceache' are, apparently, able to function happily if they know a stranger at the other end of the country has had a cup of tea.

Quote: rwayne @ April 15 2012, 11:52 PM BST

You see where I'm going though, don't you?

You are, presumably, having a real emotional response to people, with whom you have no connection at all.

My emotional reaction is genuine, spontaeneous and reactionary. It's not premeditated and is based on a desire to express my dissatisfaction with the world around me and it's idiot inhabitants.

Which is why I post my ire on the 'Things That Piss You Off' thread and not the 'Cats' thread. If you come to this thread expecting anything less then cries of outrage, then you obviously have trouble with reading and comprehension.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 16 2012, 12:00 AM BST

My emotional reaction is genuine, spontaeneous and reactionary. It's not premeditated and is based on a desire to express my dissatisfaction with the world around me and it's idiot inhabitants.

Which is why I post my ire on the 'Things That Piss You Off' thread and not the 'Cats' thread. If you come to this thread expecting anything less then cries of outrage, then you obviously have trouble with reading and comprehension.

You forgot 'defensive' there I think. Relax fella.

Quote: rwayne @ April 16 2012, 12:03 AM BST

You forgot 'defensive' there I think. Relax fella.

Laughing out loud

Why would anyone be defensive around you rwayne? Consider my mind boggled. ;)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 16 2012, 12:06 AM BST

Laughing out loud

Why would anyone be defensive around you rwayne? Consider my mind boggled. ;)

The thing is, from what I've seen, most people on the internet are defensive most of the time and want to exist, entirely, within the confines of the little 'characters' they've decided to become for the purposes of being on it.

I find it quite sweet, in a way. Which is why you get very uncomfortable when
I get you to stop thinking like 'Renegade Carpark'.

Still... stop writing 'then' when you mean 'than'. Is that better?

Quote: rwayne @ April 16 2012, 12:14 AM BST

The thing is, from what I've seen, most people on the internet are defensive most of the time and want to exist, entirely, within the confines of the little 'characters' they've decided to become for the purposes of being on it.

I know you are but what am I?