British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 920

Quote: L.E. @ April 13 2012, 10:23 AM BST

Someone told me they heard some kids on the bus actually say the word hashtag so as to accentuate the next word they said. Cringe!

Ick. When I was at school the bad habit was saying "like" all the time. At least that was a word. I'm awaare hashtag is also a word but you get my point.

Something else that annoys me is people talking in text/net speak. Special mention goes to people who say OMG!.

Quote: L.E. @ April 13 2012, 10:23 AM BST

Someone told me they heard some kids on the bus actually say the word hashtag so as to accentuate the next word they said. Cringe!

I'm imagining it now -

'At hashtag, you are a mong!'

'Hashtag, your Mum smells!'

Oh well, still better then idiots on Facebook using 'shimples'.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 13 2012, 1:12 PM BST

well, still better then idiots on Facebook using 'shimples'.

Does that mean simple?

Quote: reds @ April 13 2012, 1:19 PM BST

Does that mean simple?

It's from an extremely irritating and racist advert selling insurance featuring talking meerkats here in the UK.

I don't know what it's like in Oz, but British people make their important financial decisions based on whether or not they get a free stuffed rodent.

And yes, the lisping Eastern European meerkat can't say simple properly and instead says 'shimples!', because he is a backwards foreign.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 13 2012, 1:23 PM BST

It's from an extremely irritating and racist advert selling insurance featuring talking meerkats here in the UK.

I don't know what it's like in Oz, but British people make their important financial decisions based on whether or not they get a free stuffed rodent.

And yes, the lisping Eastern European meerkat can't say simple properly and instead says 'shimples!', because he is a backwards foreign.

Most of the life insurance ads here seem to imply that it is the mans job to arrange it for his family. Unless it is one of the companies specificaly aimed at women. These ones all feature Mums with the implication been that you are busy chasing the kidies around and the application process is quick and easy.

Quote: reds @ April 13 2012, 1:35 PM BST

These ones all feature Mums with the implication been that you are busy chasing the kidies around and the application process is quick and easy.

In Britain, women make all the big financial decisions because the men are either henpecked or have f**ked off.

Life insurance is an especially ghoulish and sexist affair, aimed exclusively at women and basically saying - 'You're shit and when your husband dies, all of your kids will starve to death and you might have to suffer a small drop in living standards'.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 13 2012, 1:41 PM BST

Life insurance is an especially ghoulish and sexist affair, aimed exclusively at women and basically saying - 'You're shit and when your husband dies, all of your kids will starve to death and you might have to suffer a small drop in living standards'.

Yeh, but you get a free pen from Parky.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 13 2012, 1:41 PM BST

In Britain, women make all the big financial decisions because the men are either henpecked or have f**ked off.

I think it was an ad for Virgin insurance that features the Mum and Dad having a discussion about what she would do if he died. His solution was she could smooch of her parents. I don't recall seeing one for any company that implies they should do it together because it would be hard if one of them died and the other had to raise the kids.

I have insurance to insure I have joyless sex and frequently nagged

I have wife insurance!

;) YFK

Parents. :)

Quote: dellas @ April 14 2012, 3:49 AM BST

;) YFK

eh?

Accidentally caught a bit of the Titanic Memorial service on BBC News 24. The people on the cruise ship were crying - crying!

How can you shed tears for someone you don't know from 100 years ago? The world has gone mad.

I blame that Who Do You Think You Are? programme. We live in an age of mass hysteria, false emotion and crying on command. If people from 100 years ago saw how soft we'd become, they'd probably bayonet us for being such pathetic human beings.

I think a few of them might have been relations of the ones who died? But still. Very odd behaviour.

:D Sorry Sooty cannot remember why?

WOW where what why has Harridan gone? very sad :(