British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 827

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ April 6 2012, 11:31 AM BST

I imagine it sounds a bit like a Tardis materialising

And bigger on the inside than the...no, stop it, missus.

Just watched Seeds of Doom and whilst it was enjoyable - except for the Batman style compost machine - I was unbelievably impressed by Boycie's acting. John Challis' performance was excellent, both chilling and charismatic.

I can't believe that his agent didn't put him up for more important film and television roles. What a waste.

I've seen Seeds of Doom, but never clicked that Boycie was in it.

Have you watched The Deadly Assassin, RC? It's quite a thriller and rather dark. (Please no Michael Jackson jokes, people)

My all important classic Who round up. Just finished watching both Horror of Fang Rock and The Robots Of Death.

Both fantastically written and acted, however the monster in Fang Rock looked like a green carrier bag full of sick but less frightening and the costumes in Robots made Flash Gordon look butch. Was also massively distracted by Teela's leather outfit.

Half way through the Talents of Wang Chung or summit and pretty good it is too despite the Chinese racism.

I still puzzle over the Robots of Death.

I mean I can't be the only one to think it sucks monkey balls?

Quote: sootyj @ April 12 2012, 11:09 PM BST

I thought the premise was great, a load of greedy humans asset stripping a planet and living incredibly comfortable and spoiled lives thanks to their robot servants.

It had a lovely 70s vibe and could have been a stand alone tale without the Doctor, like a sci-fi Play of the Day.

Oh and Teela is rapidly becoming my favourite assistant and not just for the obvious wardrobe choices - she's properly independent, likes to dish it out and is probably the least kidnapped of all the assistants. As much as I like Sarah Jane, I was getting tired of episodes ending with her screaming at something.

*Guesses RC has got to the wet shirt scene in Talons...*

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 13 2012, 12:40 AM BST

I thought the premise was great, a load of greedy humans asset stripping a planet and living incredibly comfortable and spoiled lives thanks to their robot servants.

It had a lovely 70s vibe and could have been a stand alone tale without the Doctor, like a sci-fi Play of the Day.

Oh and Teela is rapidly becoming my favourite assistant and not just for the obvious wardrobe choices - she's properly independent, likes to dish it out and is probably the least kidnapped of all the assistants. As much as I like Sarah Jane, I was getting tired of episodes ending with her screaming at something.

Interesting I could see it being much more enjoyable as a none Dr Who play.

Quote: Badge @ April 13 2012, 12:54 AM BST

*Guesses RC has got to the wet shirt scene in Talons...*

Not yet...

(fingers crossed that Badge is talking about Teela and not Tom Baker's nipples)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 13 2012, 12:40 AM BST

Oh and Teela is rapidly becoming my favourite assistant

Leela, surely?
And I don't believe you even have an assistant.

Quote: sootyj @ April 12 2012, 11:09 PM BST

Possibly, it always rates very highly amongst fans.

Quote: Nogget @ April 13 2012, 6:52 AM BST

Leela, surely?
And I don't believe you even have an assistant.

Yep, sorry, Leela.

And yes, I do have an assistant, provided by the Government. An angry Nigerian woman from the council checks on me twice a day to make sure I haven't eaten the forks.

Robots of Death has a really nice claustrophobic vibe and is quite disturbing at times. One of my favourites.

Speaking of assistants I read that Matt Smith was discovered in youth theatre by actor agent Wendy Padbury who used to play the yummy assistant to Patrick Troughton; Zoe Heriot.
Zoe was a scientest from the 21st century and as such wore a tight glittery catsuit.

The future is such a disappointment!