British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 917

Quote: reds @ April 10 2012, 12:32 PM BST

Getting informed by someone only a little over two years younger than me that as I will soon be 25 I am nearly past it. Aparently I will then have to start acting like a proper grown up.

I think they were joking....might not understand what the teenagers on the bus are talking about but that doesn't mean I have to start acting like a proper grown up does it?

Turning 25 is lovely. You enter the 25-34 age bracket on forms, so unless you really have more in common with 16 year olds, you finally get things aimed at you! It's much nicer to be considered a young grown-up, than an over-grown teenager :)

Plus, I'm a professional responsible adult, and I spend most of my time around lego and bouncy castles :D

Quote: zooo @ April 10 2012, 12:37 PM BST

I think we are required to go through an existential age crisis every 5 years, from age 20 onwards.
But no, I wouldn't start acting like a grown up or anything. No need for such desperate measures!

I have no intentions of growing up anytime soon, would take all the fun out of life. Despite been interested in much the same stuff as most people my age, since I was 18 I've always got on better with people aged between 25-45 than those that were closer to my age. At least now some of them are close to my age.

Do you get to go on the bouncy castles sometimes? Or do you have to just watch?

Quote: reds @ April 10 2012, 1:11 PM BST

I have no intentions of growing up anytime soon, would take all the fun out of life.

True.

Quote: zooo @ April 10 2012, 1:11 PM BST

Do you get to go on the bouncy castles sometimes? Or do you have to just watch?

I get to go on bouncy castles I also get to go in those child-sized hamster runs, but they are less fun (when does crawling start to hurt your knees?) :D

Ha! I now have a hankering for a bouncy castle.

Quote: zooo @ April 10 2012, 1:28 PM BST

Ha! I now have a hankering for a bouncy castle.

Was attempting to keep a 6 month old amused over the weekend, after several sea-saws, 5 little ducks, and various other songs I found my self half singing half humming the bouncy castle song from The Mighty Boosh. It quitened the baby but did get some strange looks from the people I was with.

Watching Trevor McDoughnut's Mississippi - so tired of celebrities getting paid to go on holiday for our so called entertainment. Stephen Fry, Joanna Lumley, Three Men In A Bastard Boat - staying in top hotels and eating 5 star food every night and then going to look at something. What a load of boring arse rubbish.

Not even the Chuckle Brothers' Brothels of Bangkok could warm me to this tired format.

How about if they recreated the Russian Roulette scene from The Deer Hunter?

Quote: sootyj @ April 10 2012, 9:28 PM BST

How about if they recreated the Russian Roulette scene from The Deer Hunter?

Knowing my luck, it would be part of Derren Brown's Vietnam and the bastard wouldn't die.

Deren Brown's Vietnam

Please insert in your own crass homophobic joke

Quote: sootyj @ April 10 2012, 9:34 PM BST

Deren Brown's Vietnam

Better then Gary Glitter's Vietnam, how that got on CBeebies I'll never know.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 10 2012, 9:23 PM BST

Watching Trevor McDoughnut's Mississippi - so tired of celebrities getting paid to go on holiday for our so called entertainment. Stephen Fry, Joanna Lumley, Three Men In A Bastard Boat - staying in top hotels and eating 5 star food every night and then going to look at something. What a load of boring arse rubbish.

Not even the Chuckle Brothers' Brothels of Bangkok could warm me to this tired format.

Laughing out loud

What gets me about celebrities is the pandering they get at occasions like the Oscars ceremony, thousands of pounds worth of goodies in their 'goody' bags...they don't need it, they can afford to go out or get their assistants to buy all that stuff...yet they happily fill their boots.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ April 10 2012, 11:25 PM BST

at occasions like the Oscars ceremony, thousands of pounds worth of goodies in their 'goody' bags

Believe it or not, I can understand this - it guarantees that loads of celebs will turn up for the Oscars and without the 'stars', the only people who would watch the show would be sad people who actually care about film making (like me).

But thanks to all the free crap they get, I can watch some bitchy homosexual talk about womens dresses all night instead of the Awards. hooray.

:(

Even without the goody bag, they'd still turn up though to be photographed and fawned over....and that's just the War Horses.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ April 10 2012, 11:48 PM BST

Even without the goody bag, they'd still turn up though to be photographed and fawned over....and that's just the War Horses.

Fair point. Though just like with the dresses and jewellery, if the celebs are shown using the crap in the goody bags, it's free advertising for the companies.

'ZOMG! Zach High School likes Bacon Frazzles! I must go out and buy a box of them right now!'