British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 914

One of the only times I want to punch a woman is when I see her smoking whilst pregnant. F**king morons. Things that piss me off. Add that to the list! Plus some milk and bread... oh, and bog roll.

Quote: Lee @ April 6 2012, 1:13 AM BST

Only R.C can make a valid point and come out of it looking like a bit of a c**t.

Laughing out loud

Bloody feminism, where different people are allowed different opinions.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 6 2012, 1:15 AM BST

Yes and their child mortality rates reflect this.

But thanks to you and Harridan, I'm going to push for an end to maternity leave, a cut back in midwives and make the preggos stand when I've got a really good seat on the tube.

Go sisters!

Yes dear, you know best. ;)

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2012, 1:21 AM BST

Yes dear, you know best. ;)

Of course I do, I'm a man.

;) :P ;) :P

Quote: Lee @ April 6 2012, 1:16 AM BST

One of the only times I want to punch a woman is when I see her smoking whilst pregnant. F**king morons. Things that piss me off. Add that to the list! Plus some milk and bread... oh, and bog roll.

Whoa there poppet- no-one likes addiction and no-one likes seeing babies potentially at risk, but (while I won't bore you with ranting on about actual studies) the biggest risk to a child's wellbeing in my experience is random societal hate towards their parents or them. I know you were being purposefully harsh but wanting to punch pregnant women for having, as far as you know, one of a very few fags in the best part of a year, is not being helpful

Quote: AJGO @ April 6 2012, 1:23 AM BST

I know you were being purposefully harsh but wanting to punch pregnant women for having, as far as you know, one of a very few fags in the best part of a year, is not being helpful

I can categorically state that punching pregnant women is a no-no. Letting them fall off mountains, get eaten by wolves or give birth in a minefield is okay though. Apparently.

:S

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 6 2012, 1:26 AM BST

give birth in a minefield is okay though.

Where's that one suddenly come from?

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2012, 1:27 AM BST

May I refer you back to the beginning...

Quote: Harridan @ April 6 2012, 12:13 AM BST

reductio ad absurdum is your happy place, isn't it?

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2012, 1:27 AM BST

It was a continuation of your third world preggos analogy. I can't believe you didn't pick up on the subtlety.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 6 2012, 1:26 AM BST

I can categorically state that punching pregnant women is a no-no. Letting them fall off mountains, get eaten by wolves or give birth in a minefield is okay though. Apparently.

:S

RC. Your gentlemanly protectiveness is quite sweet, but it pales into insignificance when you use words like 'letting'. You must realise that you (men) don't actually own us (current or potential or never baby-providers), right?

Quote: AJGO @ April 6 2012, 1:23 AM BST

(while I won't bore you with ranting on about actual studies)

I can probably get the studies for you. Mrs Lee is a learning disabilities nurse who has studied this very subject and has spent many years providing care for the victims of smoking mothers. (whilst Lee has just studied smoking hot mothers Cool)

I'm a smoker though, so I understand where you're coming from ;)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 6 2012, 1:22 AM BST

Of course I do, I'm a man moan.

;) :P ;) :P

Quote: AJGO @ April 6 2012, 1:30 AM BST

RC. Your gentlemanly protectiveness is quite sweet, but it pales into insignificance when you use words like 'letting'. You must realise that you (men) don't actually own us (current or potential or never baby-providers), right?

We blokes do own half the baby. Just because a woman is carrying it around for a bit, doesn't make it hers exclusively.

I can't risk my valuable DNA...my legacy...getting hurt because of the bad decisions of the carrier.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 6 2012, 1:33 AM BST

I can't risk my valuable DNA...my legacy...getting hurt because of the bad decisions of the carrier.

Yet you'll happily risk your DNA to the care of an old crusty sock!