British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 912

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2012, 12:24 AM BST

What are pregnant women allowed to do anyway?
Cross the road? Be in the same room as a large dog? Use sharp knives?

That is exactly the same as climbing avalanche prone mountains in sub-zero conditions whilst trying to get close to a hungry pack of wolves.

Unimpressed

I also think that hanging around wild carnivores when you're very pregnant isn't a particularly sensible, but she's not a baby-factory and she doesn't relinquish her autonomy just because she's pregnant.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 6 2012, 12:30 AM BST

That is exactly the same as climbing avalanche prone mountains in sub-zero conditions whilst trying to get close to a hungry pack of wolves.

Unimpressed

I think people treat pregnant women a little TOO carefully. But what do I know, I've never been pregnant.

I must agree on some level though, as I don't think parents of either gender should serve in the forces. I find that massively irresponsible.

Quote: Harridan @ April 6 2012, 12:32 AM BST

I also think that hanging around wild carnivores when you're very pregnant isn't a particularly sensible, but she's not a baby-factory and she doesn't relinquish her autonomy just because she's pregnant.

No, she just relinquished her common sense and ability to sense danger - much like most of Western civilisation. If she wasn't pregnant, I could care less if she wanted to chuck herself off a cliff or get eaten by wolves.

Oh and if she wasn't a baby factory, she could have always aborted her fetus before trouncing off into the snow covered peaks.

You're weird.
That is all.

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2012, 12:37 AM BST

I must agree on some level though, as I don't think parents of either gender should serve in the forces. I find that massively irresponsible.

Do they make women soldiers still go to Afghanistan if they're pregnant?

Arsehole limit reached.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 6 2012, 12:38 AM BST

No, she just relinquished her common sense and ability to sense danger - much like most of Western civilisation.

Yes, I hear pregnant women in the third world check themselves into a spa for the full nine months.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 6 2012, 12:39 AM BST

Do they make women soldiers still go to Afghanistan if they're pregnant?

I wouldn't have a clue!

I know someone who knows someone whose 3 year old daughter is dying from something or other. She's only going to last another year. And her dad has just gone back to serve in the navy.
Crazy f**kwit.

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2012, 12:38 AM BST

You're weird.
That is all.

Because I don't want pregnant women to die? Yeah, very weird.

No. He's absolutely right. Don't start bringing another life into the worldif you don't want it to be your priority.

Quote: Harridan @ April 6 2012, 12:39 AM BST

Arsehole limit reached.

You're debating skills are without end. Much like your propensity to throw out expletives. Congratulations.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 6 2012, 12:40 AM BST

Because I don't want pregnant women to die? Yeah, very weird.

Lol yes, That's all you've said...
It's all the extra added crazy ravings of a loon that make you weird. As you well know.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 6 2012, 12:41 AM BST

You're debating skills are without end. Much like your propensity to throw out expletives. Congratulations.

You just aren't worth my energy, I have better things to do with it.

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2012, 12:43 AM BST

Lol yes, That's all you've said...
It's all the extra added crazy ravings of a loon that make you weird. As you well know.

I have to go to extremes to make people think sometimes. (well, at least that's my excuse for being a looney)

Quote: Harridan @ April 6 2012, 12:43 AM BST

You just aren't worth my energy, I have better things to do with it.

:P

Is anybody listening to me ? I AM A MOTHER. you don't decide to bring a life into the world then f**k off doing dangerous things to satisfy your own ego. And while we're at it, sorry Harridan, people should look after their own children and not kick them off to nannies. Why bother having children if you can't be bothered caring for them.