British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 911

Glaz-gow.

Tried to watch a documentary about wolves on the BBC earlier this evening, but instead of a nature film, I was given an ideological lecture on why wolves should be allowed to rip cattle and people apart.

I can understand Disney turning killer animals into fun loving, sympathetic, family pets but I didn't expect it from the BBC.

Turned off soon as they introduced the 5 months pregnant female researcher who claimed that the wolves were 'coming home'. What kind of idiot husband would let his pregnant wife trudge about snow covered mountains looking for wild carnivores?

Maybe he was looking for a way out!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 5 2012, 11:45 PM BST

Tried to watch a documentary about wolves on the BBC earlier this evening, but instead of a nature film, I was given an ideological lecture on why wolves should be allowed to rip cattle and people apart.

I can understand Disney turning killer animals into fun loving, sympathetic, family pets but I didn't expect it from the BBC.

Turned off soon as they introduced the 5 months pregnant female researcher who claimed that the wolves were 'coming home'. What kind of idiot husband would let his pregnant wife trudge about snow covered mountains looking for wild carnivores?

I've been married for 23 years. Is there a selection process for the idiot husband or is it first come...?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 5 2012, 11:45 PM BST

What kind of idiot husband would let his pregnant wife trudge about snow covered mountains looking for wild carnivores?

One that neglected to shackle her to the kitchen sink like a good husband? Maybe she snuck out when he wasn't looking, but hopefully he'll make her sit on the naughty step when she gets home so that she obeys him in future.

Quote: Harridan @ April 5 2012, 11:51 PM BST

One that neglected to shackle her to the kitchen sink like a good husband? Maybe she snuck out when he wasn't looking, but hopefully he'll make her sit on the naughty step when she gets home so that she obeys him in future.

Look, I'm all for chicks going out and doing the work while I sit at home in my pants drinking beer but, there is an unborn child at stake.

To let your pregnant wife deliberately put herself in danger, because she's obviously too stupid to figure that bit out for herself, is irresponsible.

Don't confuse feminism with ego driven blind selfishness.

The wolves seemed to like her in the clip I saw. No baby eating involved.

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2012, 12:03 AM BST

The wolves seemed to like her in the clip I saw. No baby eating involved.

Well why didn't you say so. I've changed my mind, off you go to avalanche and killer predator country, you independent preggos. After all, who would want to protect their unborn baby from possible death? Not modern ladies, that's for sure.

And if the father of your child protests, ignore him and do it anyway.

(Then wonder why he cheated on you and won't pay child support)

reductio ad absurdum is your happy place, isn't it?

It's the 'let' that you used that's problematic. Perhaps her husband failed to dissuade her, rather than giving her permssion to exit the house, as you imply.

Quote: Harridan @ April 6 2012, 12:13 AM BST

reductio ad absurdum is your happy place, isn't it?

Laughing out loud

She may not even have a husband. Perhaps she's carrying a wolfbaby.

Quote: Harridan @ April 6 2012, 12:13 AM BST

It's the 'let' that you used that's problematic. Perhaps her husband failed to dissuade her, rather than giving her permssion to exit the house, as you imply.

If he really cared about his wife and the unborn child she was carrying, he would have done everything in his power to dissuade her from going on the trip.

Perhaps you're right and he did protest and she ignored him, in that case, the relationship is over because there is no mutal respect.

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2012, 12:16 AM BST

Perhaps she's carrying a wolfbaby.

She wishes, the baby endangering freak.

Well do let them know that they should be getting divorced. Your will is law.

Quote: Harridan @ April 6 2012, 12:20 AM BST

Well do let them know that they should be getting divorced. Your will is law.

Naw, she probably married some uber liberal, weak willed, hen pecked, tree hugging, progressive who let's his wife make all the decisions because he is such a pathetic excuse for a man.

Either that or he was secretly wishing they'd both die so he could finally be free and marry her hot sister.

What are pregnant women allowed to do anyway?
Cross the road? Be in the same room as a large dog? Use sharp knives?

I'm with Renegade on this. If you choose to bring a child into the world, their wellbeing
has to be the supreme consideration. too many people think they can have it all. You can't - being a mother means sacrificing some of your own needs.