British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 823

Ooh, some interesting bits of info from Moffat; the new companion is not human, and apparently there's an episode coming up written by someone he reckons the fans will be happy to see back; RTD..? Gaiman again..?

http://danowen.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/steven-moffat-talks-doctor-who-more.html

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 1 2012, 11:47 AM BST

Ooh, some interesting bits of info from Moffat; the new companion is not human, and apparently there's an episode coming up written by someone he reckons the fans will be happy to see back; RTD..? Gaiman again..?

http://danowen.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/steven-moffat-talks-doctor-who-more.html

It is of course April 1st...

Yeah, that had just crossed my mind too; if it is an April 1st 'joke', then it's a bit of a shit one.

EDIT:
Just clicked on a link it provided. It's an April 1st joke. God that's shit, what is even funny about it..? UGH.

He could have tried a bit harder with that one!

The last series you mean Zooo?

Oi! *shakes fist*

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJSQFzw1pEE&feature=share

Silly Moffatt sounds more fun than much of the last series

Francesca Martinez would be a good companion.

What's she like at running?

Am going through a Classic Who phase and just watched Genesis of the Daleks. Yeah, the effects were ropey, they ran along the same piece of corridor more times then Scooby Doo and to say the direction was stilted is an understatement.

But, my goodness, the writing was incredible. Stories had a beginning, middle and end and made sense. No one cried, no one held hands, Tom Baker didn't try to slip Sarah Jane the finger, what a refreshing change.

Going to be watching the Ark In Space later which gave me nightmares as a kid. Can't wait!

Quote: zooo @ April 4 2012, 3:41 PM BST

What's she like at running?

Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 4 2012, 6:21 PM BST

Am going through a Classic Who phase and just watched Genesis of the Daleks. Yeah, the effects were ropey, they ran along the same piece of corridor more times then Scooby Doo and to say the direction was stilted is an understatement.

But, my goodness, the writing was incredible.

Am watching Tennant Who repeated on BBC3 and just watched The Sontaran Stratagem. Yeah, the incidental music was ropey, it looked more childrens-TV then Scooby Doo and to say there was too much standing around talking was an understatement.

But, my goodness, the writing was bad.

Just watched Ark In Space - totally awesome. Now I know where James Cameron got the idea for the second Alien movie.

Based on Genesis of the Daleks and Ark In Space, anyone have any reccommendations for other excellent Tom Baker episodes? When I say excellent, I mean proper good, not what Who fans think are good, but objectively good.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 4 2012, 6:21 PM BST

But, my goodness, the writing was incredible. Stories had a beginning, middle and end and made sense. No one cried, no one held hands, Tom Baker didn't try to slip Sarah Jane the finger, what a refreshing change.

Tom Baker's "Do I have the right?" speech. Epic.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 4 2012, 8:54 PM BST

Just watched Ark In Space - totally awesome. Now I know where James Cameron got the idea for the second Alien movie.

Based on Genesis of the Daleks and Ark In Space, anyone have any reccommendations for other excellent Tom Baker episodes? When I say excellent, I mean proper good, not what Who fans think are good, but objectively good.

City of Death is quite amazing. Written by Douglas Adams.