British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 905

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2012, 11:39 PM BST

I bought a bar of nosoapbo. :(

Laughing out loud There are probably enough people in the world we could make money selling that to

'Do you sometimes experience negative feelings? Do you put all your faith in advertising because you're an embarrassment to females? Buy Nosoapbo, and continue to be an embarrassment but with slightly better skin because you changed products and believed. Go on. Believe'

Quote: sootyj @ March 26 2012, 11:44 PM BST

Writing a 1000 word experiental essay on course I finish tomorrow.

Who cares what I think? Why does everything have to be an experience?

Contemplating writing especially horrible final assignment now.

You finish tomorrow, unless your pass grade depends on it, f**k that

Quote: AJGO @ March 26 2012, 11:55 PM BST

Laughing out loud There are probably enough people in the world we could make money selling that to

'Do you sometimes experience negative feelings? Do you put all your faith in advertising because you're an embarrassment to females? Buy Nosoapbo, and continue to be an embarrassment but with slightly better skin because you changed products and believed. Go on. Believe'

You finish tomorrow, unless your pass grade depends on it, f**k that

F**k that. Wasn't that the nihilist Take That tribute band?

Quote: sootyj @ March 27 2012, 12:01 AM BST

F**k that. Wasn't that the nihilist Take That tribute band?

Laughing out loud Awesome. Please make it happen. TT punk style. Pleeeeeeeeease

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2012, 11:20 PM BST

I bought some posh handmade cow's milk soap and it made me feel very funny indeed. I am lactose intolerant, but surely that doesn't apply to stuff I rub on my face. It's not like I chewed on it.

But wouldn't it cunningly seep in through your pores and have the same effect as if you'd eaten it? I once licked a bar of Lush soap to see if it tasted like it smelt, but it just tasted like soap. Teary

Quote: keewik @ March 27 2012, 12:11 AM BST

But wouldn't it cunningly seep in through your pores and have the same effect as if you'd eaten it?

That's what I was wondering! Probably isn't possible though(?). Wish I actually knew stuff.

Quote: AJGO @ March 26 2012, 11:55 PM BST

Heee. Dragon's Den here we come.

Quote: zooo @ March 27 2012, 12:53 AM BST

That's what I was wondering! Probably isn't possible though(?).

Might be wrong but wouldn't have thought so unless you were horribly terribly allergic. Would need enough lactose to be present in soap, and then on your face, and to be able to reach the digestive system for it to recognise it couldn't metabolise it. But then I'm not lactose intolerant so can only go by general knowledge, nowt wrong with psychosomaticism making you feel ill, can be a useful defence!

When the neighbours decide that around 2am on a friday morning ( or the middle of thursday night depending on your viewpoint) is a great time to start blaring country music. Clearly they didn't have to go to work this morning.

People saying 'different TO' instead of 'different FROM'. I know I'm nitpicking but 'to' is towards something, and 'from' is away from. Different would definitely be away from.

I'm definitely guilty of that one sometimes.

What about 'different than'? :D

And f**kers who say 'drawRIng' instead of 'drawing'. What 's the problem?

'should of' is my current pet hate.

Quote: zooo @ April 4 2012, 12:22 AM BST

I'm definitely guilty of that one sometimes.

What about 'different than'? :D

No, no, no. You need a preposition. 'than' isn't a preposition. (half asleep so hope that's right).

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 4 2012, 12:24 AM BST

That one really grates.

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 4 2012, 12:24 AM BST

Yes. Ditto.

Quote: keewik @ April 4 2012, 12:25 AM BST

No, no, no. You need a preposition. 'than' isn't a preposition. (half asleep so hope that's right).

'Different than' is the one that really annoys me. 'Different to' I don't even always notice.