British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 904

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2012, 2:19 PM BST

Have we finally found what shaped the Renegade we know today? :O

Crap childhood holidays?

If only. Like a lot of men my age, I had to kill my mother for sleeping with me and being a prostitute.

I mean, duh.

Queuing online to buy tickets for something that was probably sold out ages ago!!!

Stupid BBC 1 Big Weekend!

Quote: L.E. @ March 26 2012, 4:13 PM BST

Queuing online to buy tickets for something that was probably sold out ages ago!!!

Did you see the Panorama where they investigated the online touts and ticketing agencies? It was pretty outrageous.

No unfortunately.

Posh soap. Why does it fall to pieces or go completely sludgy? I shouldn't be able to wash my hands and still have soap goo left over just by running the tip of my finger along the top

I bought some posh handmade cow's milk soap and it made me feel very funny indeed. I am lactose intolerant, but surely that doesn't apply to stuff I rub on my face. It's not like I chewed on it.

What sort of feeling funny?
Are you sure you weren't a bit suspicious but decided to live on the edge and use it anyway and were then overcome by both sense of danger and nocebo effect?
And did you definitely not chew it, even a little bit? Cos it does sound quite nice..

Hehe. I did smell it a lot but I swear I didn't eat it! I got a stomach ache, which is what I get when I eat dairy. Only it wasn't as bad.

So it may have been psychosomatic.
If that is the right word.

Quote: AJGO @ March 26 2012, 11:03 PM BST

Posh soap. Why does it fall to pieces or go completely sludgy?

A not unfair review of the second series of Downton Abbey.

Quote: Chappers @ March 25 2012, 7:47 PM BST

Don't Kiwis have more important things to worry about? I know one who does - she worries about me.

Matt Baker on Countryfile keeps talking about "wa'er".

They're also showing some Brown Trout.

Yes I think they worry about becoming extinct!

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2012, 11:29 PM BST

Hehe. I did smell it a lot but I swear I didn't eat it! I got a stomach ache, which is what I get when I eat dairy. Only it wasn't as bad.

So it may have been psychosomatic.
If that is the right word.

Hmm, taking your soap bubbled word that you didn't eat it, you wouldn't have thought there was high enough content for it to have an effect.

It may indeed have been psychosomatic, if you meant psychosomaticism :D (I prefer nocebo. It's easier to type)

*looks up nocebo on Wiki*

Quote: Tursiops @ March 26 2012, 11:33 PM BST

A not unfair review of the second series of Downton Abbey.

:D

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2012, 11:36 PM BST

*looks up nocebo on Wiki*

Don't look at wiki, you'll be there all night going 'wonder what that is? Ooh, wonder what that is?'!

Opposite of placebo, where you suspect something will have a negative effect and so experience it

I bought a bar of nosoapbo. :(

Writing a 1000 word experiental essay on course I finish tomorrow.

Who cares what I think? Why does everything have to be an experience?

Contemplating writing especially horrible final assignment now.

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2012, 11:39 PM BST

I bought a bar of nosoobo. :(

The chocolate bar for bigots who hated women with brain injuries and great singing voices?