British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 903

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 22 2012, 9:45 PM GMT

It's called 'English' not 'American', spell our words properly!! :P

Yeah - we've moved on but you're still in the 17th century with your quaint language!

Plus some bastard has posted something "wide" again!

It's a tricky one, the US version of English, both a necessity and a travesty.

I think when Americans add new words to the lexicon, it just 'emboldens' us in our use and appreciation of the English language.

Quote: Chappers @ March 22 2012, 9:51 PM GMT

Plus some bastard has posted something "wide" again!

I don't see a "Fitz" in L.E.s real name.

Cool

TV Adverts
News Readers who can't read the news without ums ahs and mistakes
And people who start threads only for people with 1000 posts of more.

Quote: LaughInearlyshat @ March 24 2012, 6:59 AM GMT

TV Adverts

Don't understand that last bit fella?

Quote: LaughInearlyshat @ March 24 2012, 6:59 AM GMT

Agree. Annoying.

Could you possibly suggest an example of the type of thread, so we can see what you mean?

Was it Milestone Posts? That thread you need to know the code for to write on? From 2008?

Lol, if that's all it is, I'm sure the person who started that thread just meant people who reach round numbers. I'm sure we've had people post on that when they reach 50, etc.

I just spotted something along those lines some where, I can't find it again though. Hey, no biggie, if that's someone's thing let it all hang out! Happy days are here again.

Quote: LaughInearlyshat @ March 25 2012, 7:23 AM GMT

I just spotted something along those lines some where, I can't find it again though. Hey, no biggie, if that's someone's thing let it all hang out! Happy days are here again.

Don't Kiwis have more important things to worry about? I know one who does - she worries about me.

Matt Baker on Countryfile keeps talking about "wa'er".

They're also showing some Brown Trout.

Quote: Chappers @ March 25 2012, 6:47 PM GMT

They're also showing some Brown Trout.

Fnaar. fnaar, yip, yip, cuk, cuk !

The Ramblers Association.

What is this weird clingy desperate need for dull middle class nerds to form bureacracy around the simplest of tasks and make everything 'official'?

Why walk around for free, when you can pay someone to allow you to walk?

As for idiots who think wandering about in the mud is some sort of 'holiday', they were obviously physically abused as children, probably by other children, for being dweebs and spazmos.

I wish I was a farmer, just so I could close the right of way on my land to these morons.

Ah, but being a farmer would involve entering the countryside and you are too scared of nature and cows to do that.

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2012, 2:07 PM BST

Ah, but being a farmer would involve entering the countryside and you are too scared of nature and cows to do that.

And for good reason - everything stinks like shit - mainly because it is actual physical shit.

'Hey kids, guess where we're going for our holidays?'

'EuroDisney? Florida? Italy?'

'No, we're going to walk around the Brecon Beacons for a fortnight. Nothing stops arguments or brings a family closer together then when we're all knackered, wet, miserable, hungry and cold!'

'Wow, you are the best Dad ever!'

Have we finally found what shaped the Renegade we know today? :O

Crap childhood holidays?