British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 901

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 20 2012, 12:22 AM GMT

But will/would young people today take the advice to turn it down? No.

And this is where I get confused. Is Old Rocker nostalgic for the days of young people carrying around massive boom boxes and blasting them full volume as they walk down the street?

Does Old Rocker really worry about the future hearing impairment of Britain's youth?

Out of all the things that people do to piss me off - chain bicycles up so they block the pavement, chavs in purple Renault Clios playing Drum & Bass so loud it shakes my house, idiots on Bluetooth shouting as they walk along the road so they look like mentally ill people talking to themselves - someone wearing headphones it pretty low on my list.

(I do however like it when someone chains their bike up really high on a lamp post, I always imagine they were doing a massively impressive bunny hop and did it in mid-air)

I have a similar problem.

People listening to R&B music on the bus.

I want to tell them to turn it off.

But I'm convinced anyone listening to anything so shit must be a serial killer.

Quote: sootyj @ March 21 2012, 10:13 AM GMT

People listening to R&B music on the bus.

The fact that R&B doesn't mean Dr. Feelgood or The Count Bishop's anymore.
Plus I remember when Garage meant the Flaming Groovies rather than whatever the hell it means now.

How come the same thing doesn't happen with Abba fans or Michael Buble? why is it only R&B that gets all the attention on buses??

Wow, you lot are so racist.

R&B is nowhere near as annoying as Banghra or whatever other shitty curry house / kebab shop music the young foreigns are listening to on their way to the mosque, where they learn to beat their wives, f**k their goats and blow us all up.

You racists.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 21 2012, 10:32 AM GMT

Wow, you lot are so racist.

R&B is nowhere near as annoying as Banghra or whatever other shitty curry house / kebab shop music the young foreigns are listening to on their way to the mosque, where they learn to blow up their wives, beat their goats and f**k us .

You racists.

Is that the dyslexic mosque?

TTPYO: That rape awareness advert. Do we really have to sit through watching a kid get raped every single effing advert break on every single channel? (Literally every one.)
F**k off please.
If they are changing any potential rapists minds about doing some rape that's lovely, but I doubt they are. All it's doing is making normal people uncomfortable and pissed off every 15 minutes on the dot.

If you could see yourself watching that advert. Would you watch it?

Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ March 22 2012, 1:39 AM GMT

TTPYO: That rape awareness advert. Do we really have to sit through watching a kid get raped every single effing advert break on every single channel? (Literally every one.)
F**k off please.

Is that the one with the guy's twin brother trapped behind a glass wall?

Problem is, if you're the kind of evil bastard who likes a-raping, I don't think that advert is going to change your attitudes.

I think a more effective advert would be to show the kid getting arrested and having his picture plastered all over the papers with the word RAPIST in giant letters and the public reaction to the piece of scum.

I also feel a bit sorry for both the actor and the actress in the advert, it's probably their first big television break.

'Mum, don't forget to tune in on Wednesday, they're showing my new advert! The director said I was a brilliant rapist!'

:(

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 22 2012, 2:18 AM GMT

Is that the one with the guy's twin brother trapped behind a glass wall?

That's the one.

Problem is, if you're the kind of evil bastard who likes a-raping, I don't think that advert is going to change your attitudes.

I think a more effective advert would be to show the kid getting arrested and having his picture plastered all over the papers with the word RAPIST in giant letters and the public reaction to the piece of scum.

I also feel a bit sorry for both the actor and the actress in the advert, it's probably their first big television break.

'Mum, don't forget to tune in on Wednesday, they're showing my new advert! The director said I was a brilliant rapist!'

:(

Lol, exactly.
I wouldn't even mind so much if it was shown now and then. But every single ad break is overdoing it a tad! Jesus Christ. Stop shoving rape down our throats.
So to speak.

Oh God, it was just on again as I wrote that post.

Quote: zooo @ March 22 2012, 2:23 AM GMT

Oh God, it was just on again as I wrote that post.

Perhaps you should seek advice from a counsellor. It sounds like you've been traumatised by the experience - or worse getting desensitised.

Hehe.

Of course anyone who has been raped now can't even watch TV without being reminded of it 10 times a day. Which must be lovely...

Quote: zooo @ March 22 2012, 2:36 AM GMT

Hehe.

Of course anyone who has been raped now can't even watch TV without being reminded of it 10 times a day. Which must be lovely...

I never thought of that. Blimey, that is an awful thing to think about every time you switch on the telly.

Throw in all the soap operas and medical dramas featuring rapes, plus this advert on in between and it's like the television wants victims to commit suicide.

How depressing. :( :(

Yep!
And on that cheerful note I shall go to bed. And from now on mute all the ad breaks.