British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 900

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 19 2012, 9:25 PM GMT

Grumpy piss off coming up ! . . . .

Why does (seemingly) 50% of people feel they can't venture out of the house without two wires dangling from their ears?

F**k me! Do you crave entertainment that badly or can't you take the sounds of everyday life !

Angry

But...but...music is more interesting than the sound of oncoming vehicles.

I don't always feel comfortable walking with headphones. Depends where I am. If it's dark or I'm out walking in the country I prefer to be able to hear a cow/mental farmer/general psycho coming up behind me to kill me.
But in a city (in the daytime) music is sometimes preferable.

Quote: Harridan @ March 19 2012, 9:27 PM GMT

But...but...music is more interesting than the sound of oncoming vehicles.

If you're playing the music you may not hear the oncoming vehicle !

And that reminds me. How can cyclists with dangling wires possibly be aware of what's going on around them?

Who are you to dictate the soundtrack to my early and tragic death? If I want to listen to the Spice Girls as I walk into traffic, it's my right!

Quote: Harridan @ March 19 2012, 9:41 PM GMT

Who are you to dictate the soundtrack to my early and tragic death? If I want to listen to the Spice Girls as I walk into traffic, it's my right!

If you walk into traffic listening to the Spice Girls and meet an early and tragic death it will be quite apposite what with them being one of the biggest car crashes in music history !

hehe. Imagine the last thing you ever heard being "If you wannabe my lover!"

Do you crave entertainment that badly

It doesn't have to be entertainment. I usually listen to Radio4 podcasts. Don't try and tell me radio4 is entertaining...

Grumpy piss off coming up ! . . . .

Why does (seemingly) 50% of people feel they can't venture out of the house without two wires dangling from their ears?

F**k me! Do you crave entertainment that badly or can't you take the sounds of everyday life !

Angry

You shouldn't speak ill of the deaf.

Cool

Quote: billwill @ March 19 2012, 10:50 PM GMT

You shouldn't speak ill of the deaf.

When I was at home many years ago I listened to Sabbath through headphones so as not to disturb Mom and Dad.

Result?

Tinnitus.

But will/would young people today take the advice to turn it down? No.

I wouldn't want their hearing in twenty years time.

Believe me.

It's effin' annoying to have constant ringing in your ears.

Anyway, if one person on here reads this and takes notice #Then my living will not be in vain.#

Tornadoes. There's one on the ground about 30 miles from here and headed in this direction. I've had enough tornadoes in my lifetime, thank you very much.

Hail up to 3 inches in diameter is also expected. I just helped the neighbor cover his car with blankets and padding.

:D Crikey you have an area called Castroville? Thought you hated him?

Sorry about tornado though, I hate a ruddy thunderstorm!! have to close curtains and bury meself under duvet- coward. Huh?

Quote: dellas @ March 20 2012, 2:48 PM GMT

:D Crikey you have an area called Castroville? Thought you hated him?

It was named for a French Jew who settled there in the 1840s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Castro

:D A distant relative?...

Quote: Harridan @ March 19 2012, 9:54 PM GMT

hehe. Imagine the last thing you ever heard being "If you wannabe my lover!"

You're at a party round 25 Cromwell Street?

Quote: dellas @ March 20 2012, 3:00 PM GMT

:D A distant relative?...

All Jews are communists. At least that's what that nice man Hitler said.

I love my headphones. F**k, when I forget them it's a sad day.