British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 897

Quote: Chappers @ March 17 2012, 1:58 PM GMT

Why?

One iMac as my main computer, the other is connected to my ham radio gear. IPad for bed/couch use and the Minis are connected to televisions and entertainment systems. One iPhone for everyday use and the other went through the wash and needs repair. The MacBook is for traveling but will be replaced by the iPad. The iPod sits unused in a drawer somewhere.

Quote: Marc P @ March 17 2012, 2:01 PM GMT

Ah the East coast of the US of A... so many Macs so little rain!

Americans don't wear macs. We wear raincoats. :)

I'll have the ipod! :)

I prefer Mac's OS over any other. Windows is shockingly doing it wrong after you spend time with a Mac. But I'm more of a casual user, maybe if I had different needs like a gaming machine or coding/programming I'd go for Windows or Linux?

The frustration with mac is their hardware and pricing. It makes my eyes water to consider buying a new Mac at the price I could get a really powerful PC.

I want to update my Mini as the one I'm using is getting quite old. But for £500, which ain't that bad, I could probably get a f**k off PC. But then it would be Windows. It's not quite a winning situation.

It's a shame that Apple have set themselves up to be hardware independent (if that phrase makes sense). Because if more people experienced the simplistic ease of the OS (it's dumbed down probably, but is that a bad thing for frustration free computing) then I could easily imagine it overtaking Windows one day.

On the other side of my brain though, I have no interest in buying an iPhone or iPad. Weird that.

:) Just bought 2 great items a cheap pack of e-cigs (getting rare) and a cheap Blackberry tablet. Apparently e.Bay, in their wisdom, do not think it is moral to sell e-cigs???? Why....

Massive *animated* billboards, like the one they have on the Westway in Shepherd's Bush. As if it's not distracting and creepy enough to have them so huge and bright that you have to shield your eyes, now they also move so your eye can't help but look. It's as if someone saw Blade Runner and thought "hey, let's build a future dystopia right now". Expect street stalls selling body-parts next.

Quote: dellas @ March 18 2012, 5:58 AM GMT

Apparently e.Bay, in their wisdom, do not think it is moral to sell e-cigs???? Why....

Because vehement anti-smokers, like all single issue groups, want to not only ban smoking but anything that also symbolises smoking. Flushed with success after recent advances, they've realised that their moaning words carry power and have most likely complained enmasse to eBay. Probably because they have little else to do then spend all day buying useless crap on the Internet.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 18 2012, 12:14 PM GMT

Because vehement anti-smokers, like all single issue groups, want to not only ban smoking but anything that also symbolises smoking. Flushed with success after recent advances, they've realised that their moaning words carry power and have most likely complained enmasse to eBay. Probably because they have little else to do then spend all day buying useless crap on the Internet.

Have a ciggie and calm down.

Dear.

Quote: David Bussell @ March 18 2012, 12:15 PM GMT

Have a ciggie and calm down.

I am calm! I am calm! You're the one who's shouting! Don't tell me to calm down! You calm down!

I miss my ex. :(

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 18 2012, 12:23 PM GMT

I am calm! I am calm! You're the one who's shouting! Don't tell me to calm down! You calm down!

I miss my ex. :(

You didn't bury her too deep did you?

The over zealous lollipop lady that holds me and thousands of other drivers up every morning.
It's not that I am against the children crossing the road safely to school each day but this partucular woman has no idea of traffic flow.

She does her job very well, she holds her stick high in the air before walking into the road and she always waves a thank you. BUT, she is never off the road.

She stops traffic for one kid that hasn't even got to the crossing yet and while she is there she see's others ambling up in the distance and calls for them to cross.
Kids being kids - still amble and by the time they have sauntered up another bunch have appeared in the distance. They too are given the word to hurry up and cross. And this goes on and on.

The traffic is backing up miles in both directions but is totally clear past the crossing area.
I have resisted 'tooting' as it isn't fair but a lot do not resist and every morning I see people shouting out of their windows. She is of course oblivious to it.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ March 19 2012, 10:21 AM GMT

The over zealous lollipop lady that holds me and thousands of other drivers up every morning.
It's not that I am against the children crossing the road safely to school each day but this partucular woman has no idea of traffic flow.

She does her job very well, she holds her stick high in the air before walking into the road and she always waves a thank you. BUT, she is never off the road.

She stops traffic for one kid that hasn't even got to the crossing yet and while she is there she see's others ambling up in the distance and calls for them to cross.
Kids being kids - still amble and by the time they have sauntered up another bunch have appeared in the distance. They too are given the word to hurry up and cross. And this goes on and on.

The traffic is backing up miles in both directions but is totally clear past the crossing area.
I have resisted 'tooting' as it isn't fair but a lot do not resist and every morning I see people shouting out of their windows. She is of course oblivious to it.

'She does her job very well'... I agree with you. What are you moaning about?

Must be mega annoying.

I've not really seen a lollipop lady in action recently though, maybe this is how they're trained to do it?

Talking of Macs, I've just shifted over from PC to a lovely shiny iMac.
An absolute joy to work with, but what's with totally inaccessible usb slots at the back?
Mental.

When you have set off at 07:45 to get somewhere on time and this part of the road has delayed you up to 1/2 an hour while you watch a lollipop lady stood in the road permenantly, with no one actually crossing it boils yer piss a bit.