British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 147

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 17 2012, 12:01 PM GMT

This:

Interviews with lots of comedy wrtiers, like Mitch Hurwitz, Bob Odenkirk and Stephen Merchant.

Wait a sec, I just looked at this pic, and it's the same front cover as the one I have, but this one claims people like Judd Apatow and Tim & Eric are interviewed! They're not in the version I have!Feel gipped!

'The Sense of an Ending' - Julian Barnes. I can see why it won the Booker. Enjoying it but I think it's plunging me into depression.

Talking of depressing, I'm reading The Greatest Gift by Danny Leigh. About the last seconds of a man's life after he throws himself off the top of a building.

Quote: Will Cam @ November 29 2011, 10:58 PM GMT

I Partridge

Still not half way through this yet!

Quote: chipolata @ February 13 2012, 10:55 PM GMT

Talking of depressing, I'm reading The Greatest Gift by Danny Leigh. About the last seconds of a man's life after he throws himself off the top of a building.

Sounds fun. :(

Quote: chipolata @ February 13 2012, 10:55 PM GMT

Is it a long book?

;) No, but the fall is.

I am reading "The Pillars of the Earth", "Homicide - A Year on the Killing Streets" and "The Gum Thief" by Douglas Copeland.

I don't usually read more than one book at a time, it kinda happened by accident, I just pick up whichever one I am in the mood for :)

Recently I have been distracted from reading all three by the WTF! Podcasts by Marc Maron Laughing out loud

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ February 13 2012, 11:26 PM GMT

Is it a long book?

341 pages.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/17028940

AWW.

Me:Moir

Vic reeves book

Enjoyable read

Quote: keewik @ February 13 2012, 10:53 PM GMT

'The Sense of an Ending' - Julian Barnes. I can see why it won the Booker. Enjoying it but I think it's plunging me into depression.

Days after finishing this, I'm still puzzled. If anybody's read it, what was the reason for the £500? I feel I've sometimes missed the point (like the narrator). And why was the main female character such a shite? Still enjoyed it. About to start 'The Tiger's Wife'.

Bit of the Onion - made me laugh as this article pretty much sums up my girly get togethers.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/female-friends-spend-raucous-night-validating-the,27446/

:D