British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 815

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 13 2012, 11:41 PM GMT

Marks and Spencers Kensington High Street 12pm. Don't be late.

Where were you?

I've just finished watching The Seeds of Doom, probably for the first time since 1976. It's really very good indeed. The current Who team could do much worse than take a look to remind them of good storytelling, casting, etc etc. If nothing else, Murray Gold should take a listen to the incidental music.

Quote: Badge @ January 18 2012, 12:24 AM GMT

Murray Gold

Even his name's annoying.

After getting a smart phone I downloaded a Doctor Who ringtone App
they had so many theme tune choices, 60's, 1970, 1976, 1982 the list goes on.
I couldn't work out which one would make me seem cooler.
It was too tough to choose, so I went with the Star Trek Fight theme instead.

Quote: Badge @ January 18 2012, 12:24 AM GMT

I've just finished watching The Seeds of Doom, probably for the first time since 1976. It's really very good indeed. The current Who team could do much worse than take a look to remind them of good storytelling, casting, etc etc. If nothing else, Murray Gold should take a listen to the incidental music.

The production design of the krynoid is really good and the story is just a really great idea. The scene where Chase has Keeler fed raw meat while he's tied to the bed is fantastic.

(To anyone who hasn't seen it, I didn't just make that last bit up - it really happens). Can't imagine Moffat thinking he could learn anything from Hinchcliffe and Banks Stewart, though.

Are you deliberately ignoring me Godot?
I feel that I've made some very salient points this evening.
And was hoping, nay praying for your input.

Steve, what are you on about? Why would I be ignoring you? I don't ignore people in any case.

If you want my input on anything - and I can't believe you do - just ask.

Seriously nobody prays for my input...

:D
Don't mind me, I've been up too long

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 10 2012, 1:52 AM GMT

The production design of the krynoid is really good and the story is just a really great idea. The scene where Chase has Keeler fed raw meat while he's tied to the bed is fantastic.

Seeds of Doom is superb. I remembered it vividly as a child. I think the Krynoid was a slightly modified Axon costume (from the Pertwee era Claws of Axos) painted green. I cannot comment on last year's Matt Smith Doctor Who, as I quit watching because it had become so dreadful. I very recently watched the final McCoy story, which although fairly atrocious, had a few redeeming moments.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 10 2012, 2:19 AM GMT

:D
Don't mind me, I've been up too long

Go to bed. Angry

Quote: Kenneth @ February 10 2012, 2:28 AM GMT

Seeds of Doom is superb. I remembered it vividly as a child. I think the Krynoid was a slightly modified Axon costume (from the Pertwee era Claws of Axos) painted green. I cannot comment on last year's Matt Smith Doctor Who, as I quit watching because it had become so dreadful. I very recently watched the final McCoy story, which although fairly atrocious, had a few redeeming moments.

Yeah, that's right, it was a sprayed Axon costume. I also remembered it as a child - for some reason I was alone watching the first episode - aged ten - and it was mighty scary? The scene where the pod hatches is simple and effective and makes a mockery of all the sentimental and convoluted crap we have now.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 10 2012, 2:40 AM GMT

Go to bed. Angry

Ok
:$
I was going to anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWn_1yOFpfU&feature=related

I thought this was fun.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/tubetalk/a372208/doctor-who-who-will-be-the-new-companion.html

OOOOOOOooooooooOOOooooh!

I hope that is the announcement.
And I hope it's a male character.
How many times can they keep making it a young woman without realising that it's fecking boring and repetitive???

Quote: zooo @ March 20 2012, 8:44 PM GMT

How many times can they keep making it a young woman without realising that it's fecking boring and repetitive???

Every series since 1963..? Whistling nnocently

I'll be very surprised if it's a single male companion.