British Comedy Guide

Who do you fancy? Page 737

Quote: rwayne @ January 23 2012, 2:06 PM GMT

Is it just me or does anyone else find the fact that people are actually spending time finding pictures of people, from the internet, to put somewhere else on the internet to 'show' how unattractive they are, well...more than just a little bit creepy?

I thought the Paxman picture I got was quite good, it was a present for Dellas, I wasn't saying he was ugly.

http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/

couldn't think where else to stick this.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 23 2012, 1:23 PM GMT

she's the next best thing to a bloke without having to commit to the cock.

I hope to hell she's not lurking on this thread. Ouch.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 23 2012, 1:23 PM GMT

Phew, I thought the BCG had gone full retard on rating the attractiveness of humans. Faith in civilisation has been restored.

I think sootyj finds her attractive because he's still stuck in the closet and she's the next best thing to a bloke without having to commit to the cock. :P

Renegade you're the enxt best thing to a bloke without having to commit to cock.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 24 2012, 10:12 AM GMT

I hope to hell she's not lurking on this thread. Ouch.

You have seen the show...starring Miranda Hart...you know, Miranda? The show full of jokes that she keeps getting mistaken for a man or a transvestite or a butch lesbian and people keep calling her 'sir'? You have seen this show, right?

You know Miranda Hart, the highly successful comedy actress who is now doing prime time drama roles? Winner of awards, constantly on chat and panel shows, umpteen commissions for her own series, the woman who makes more in a day then most of us do in a month / year?

You know hypocrisy right? Where you say and do the opposite of what you're really thinking?

Wave

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 24 2012, 10:37 AM GMT

You know hypocrisy right? Where you say and do the opposite of what you're really thinking?

Wave

More like you do something which you have told somebody not to do. Like for instance I tell you not to watch 'Miranda' cos it's a pile of crap and then I go ahead and watch it. :|

Miranda famously doesn't read reviews or anything about herself.
You can see why.
It always ends up with people being c**ts about the way she looks. (Which is irrelevant anyway as she's not a f**king model, she's a comedian.)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 24 2012, 10:37 AM GMT

You have seen the show...starring Miranda Hart...you know, Miranda? The show full of jokes that she keeps getting mistaken for a man or a transvestite or a butch lesbian and people keep calling her 'sir'?

Fair point.

Quote: zooo @ January 24 2012, 11:27 AM GMT

You can see why.
It always ends up with people being c**ts about the way she looks. (Which is irrelevant anyway as she's not a f**king model, she's a comedian.)

Every man has the right to judge any woman purely on the basis of her looks.

You took away rape, at least leave us with this.

Quote: zooo @ January 24 2012, 11:27 AM GMT

You can see why.

That's the point, exactly, I think. Not just a comedian but a very successful one. Now what is going to upset men who think THEY are funny and who seem to think it's acceptable to 'rate' anyone on how they look more than a very successful, female, comedian?
Now before anyone wants to jump on this post and 'defend' the things they've said and assert that it's everyone else misunderstanding what they meant...blah blah blah why don't you just grow up, stop behaving like naughty little boys and playground bullies because it's really rather tiresome. It's not our fault you grew up without sisters.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 24 2012, 11:40 AM GMT

You took away rape, at least leave us with this.

Arrh the Halcyon days of the squire and the maid.

Him. Finlay Todd.

Quote: rwayne @ January 24 2012, 11:49 AM GMT

...blah blah blah why don't you just grow up, stop behaving like naughty little boys and playground bullies because it's really rather tiresome. It's not our fault you grew up without sisters.

You know the 'Who Do You Fancy Thread'? The one that's being going for 4 years? Where people put up pictures of people they fancy and we discuss the pros and cons of their choices?

Normally, they're famous people, who have thrown themselves into the public eye to be judged - and receive all sorts of perks and benefits as a result. If a female poster wrote 'That Michael Gove is a bit of a munter' - aside from being correct, no bloke would suddenly rush in and say 'How dare you?! He's a politician and not a model! It's not our fault you have father issues!' etc, etc.

Besides, in the real world, whatever we bloks say or write about a woman is ten times less bitchy then what women say about their own kind - they may not do it on the BCG Forum - but that doesn't make it any less true.

Quote: EllieJP @ January 24 2012, 1:05 PM GMT

Him. Finlay Todd.

Phwoar! ;)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 24 2012, 1:24 PM GMT

Besides, in the real world, whatever we bloks say or write about a woman is ten times less bitchy then what women say about their own kind - they may not do it on the BCG Forum - but that doesn't make it any less true.

Yes, women can be bitchy (obviously). But in my experience the most vicious and cruel things I've heard said about women are actually from men.

Quote: zooo @ January 24 2012, 1:30 PM GMT

But in my experience the most vicious and cruel things I've heard said about women are actually from men.

Au contraire I have found exactly the opposite. Especially in the workplace.

Quote: zooo @ January 24 2012, 1:30 PM GMT

the most vicious and cruel things I've heard said about women are actually from men.

Well, I do try my best. This is a very competitive thread and I'm pleased that I'm the one who gets singled out and demonised. It's not easy with so many funny posters on the BCG.

Cool